Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 09:47 AM

Re: Copd

Lion Queen did you ever get your copd sorted?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Lion Queen did you ever get your copd sorted?
Hi Caric, it's under control at the moment, my COPD was at its worst during the winter months, I am already scared that next winter may bring all the dreadful chest infections or pneumonia again. I'm only in the early stages but I do know it will progress with time which is very scary indeed, how I wish I had never smoked, I stopped 10 years ago but the damage was done

Thank you for asking Caric.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 09:58 PM

I don't think there's going to be any way to avoid this unless the cancer gets me first.

I was a heavy smoker for years and only stopped properly around 4 years ago.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I don't think there's going to be any way to avoid this unless the cancer gets me first.

I was a heavy smoker for years and only stopped properly around 4 years ago.
Lets hope you are one of the lucky ones Ffosse, well done on quitting.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi Caric, it's under control at the moment, my COPD was at its worst during the winter months, I am already scared that next winter may bring all the dreadful chest infections or pneumonia again. I'm only in the early stages but I do know it will progress with time which is very scary indeed, how I wish I had never smoked, I stopped 10 years ago but the damage was done

Thank you for asking Caric.
many years ago when I worked in UK [NHS] the doctors always advised COPD pts and any other such chronic chest ailments to go and live in the sun?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

20-05-2018, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
many years ago when I worked in UK [NHS] the doctors always advised COPD pts and any other such chronic chest ailments to go and live in the sun?
Thats our plan when we retire, hopefully I survive the next 9 years

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top