Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 01:01 PM

pain and pleasure

That is the best heading i can think of. Ever since my fall in Russia many months ago I have not been able to fully close my left fist. The middle finger as stayed proud of the others.
just now I gripped a cushion with it and had a "click" and extreme pain in the palm of that hand. What has happened the tenon seems to have clicked into the correct position in the palm of the hand ,which many years ago I had an operation on.
i am not saying it is perfect yet but I can now almost close the hand fully. might take a bit of exercising to get it completely right but it is far better now
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 01:04 PM

Re: pain and pleasure

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
That is the best heading i can think of. Ever since my fall in Russia many months ago I have not been able to fully close my left fist. The middle finger as stayed proud of the others.
just now I gripped a cushion with it and had a "click" and extreme pain in the palm of that hand. What has happened the tenon seems to have clicked into the correct position in the palm of the hand ,which many years ago I had an operation on.
i am not saying it is perfect yet but I can now almost close the hand fully. might take a bit of exercising to get it completely right but it is far better now

Ahhh so you're now capable of giving the clenched fist salute!!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 02:25 PM

That sound really promising! Have you considered talking to your doctor to see if a physio can offer any advice on exercises? Good luck with getting it back to normal!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 02:28 PM

I tend to steer clear of Dr's if I can, they are bound to find something wrong
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 02:46 PM

I tend to steer clear of Dr's if I can, they are bound to find something wrong
Well if something clicked and the pain has reduced, it may be worth talking to a private Physio. Look on the bright side the problem with your hand may have corrected itself!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 02:53 PM

Bugger! I thought for one moment that SM was going to be discussed
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 03:12 PM

Well done with this revelation, Realspeed. It must be so much easier to drink a pint now

To keep your hands strong and supple, a good idea is to place them into a bowl of sand and clench a few times. It strengthens the grip.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 03:13 PM

It seems like a good thing has happened but it might be worth getting it checked. Doctors are usually good at feeling if bones/tendons are in the right place.

Middle finger wouldn't close? I suppose you had to be careful not to put a fist in the air with the middle finger sticking out a bit.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 03:29 PM

Thinking positively - that's amazing and wonderful!

Be careful though if the pain returns, worse, by tomorrow. If that is the case, you may have actually torn the tendon and would have to have it examined.

I'm just playing doctor here based on a knee injury in which I slipped and all the pain was suddenly relieved. Here's to hoping yours is a permanent resolution!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top