Join for free
Page 10 of 52 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:41 AM

Re: Jerusalem

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
This is woman is also a danger.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-midd...t-44131466(for you Muddy)

◾Speaking at the UN, US ambassador Nikki Haley defended the level of Israel's use of force, saying: "No country in this chamber would act with more restraint than Israel has." She said the US "deplores the loss of human life" but laid blame on Hamas, saying: "Make no mistake, Hamas is pleased with the results from yesterday"
404 - Page not found
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
404 - Page not found
Try this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-44131466
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Try this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-44131466
Ah, the unbiased BBC attempting to show both sides of the argument...

but with a distinct leaning against the nasty unprovoked Israelis.

The simple answer is that if the Palestinians in Hamas Gaza hadn't been attacking Israel, no-one would have been shot.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 12:11 PM

"If one person throws a stone at us we will shoot a dozen of them" is never a doctrine for peace.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 12:38 PM

Nor is burning tires heaving grenades and sending little girls to be the shields for gunmen .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 12:39 PM

Ah, the unbiased BBC attempting to show both sides of the argument...

but with a distinct leaning against the nasty unprovoked Israelis.

The simple answer is that if the Palestinians in Hamas Gaza hadn't been attacking Israel, no-one would have been shot.
Quite so
Danny Danon, the Israeli envoy to the UN, said the events at the border "were not demonstrations, they were not protests, these were violent riots".
He said that Hamas had "taken the people of Gaza hostage".
"They incite people to violence, place as many civilians as possible in the line of fire to maximise civilian casualties, then they blame Israel and come to the UN to complain. It is a deadly game they play at the expense of innocent children."
He added: "When they say day of rage they mean day of terrorism; right of return means the destruction of Israel; peaceful protest means incitement and violence."
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-05-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Quite so
Danny Danon, the Israeli envoy to the UN, said the events at the border "were not demonstrations, they were not protests, these were violent riots".
He said that Hamas had "taken the people of Gaza hostage".
"They incite people to violence, place as many civilians as possible in the line of fire to maximise civilian casualties, then they blame Israel and come to the UN to complain. It is a deadly game they play at the expense of innocent children."
He added: "When they say day of rage they mean day of terrorism; right of return means the destruction of Israel; peaceful protest means incitement and violence."
And our naive snowflakes believe every word of it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 01:01 PM

I can't stomach anything the BBC has to offer and is one reason I don't have a TV. I don't even like clicking on their links so rarely do.

My radio (seldom used) is tuned to LBC.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 01:37 PM

I find it really quite amusing when I hear people quoting the bible. God did this, God did that! What a load of tripe.

There is no god, there never has been a god. God is man-made.

If there is anything of value in the bible, it is a record of historical events and even then much of it should not be taken at face value. Those who wrote the books of the bible (and I assure you it was not God) put their own spin on things to suit their own agenda.

What we're really arguing about on here is whether Israel has the right to exist. My view on that must already be clear.

I'd much rather we discuss whether muslim groups such as Hamas have the right to attempt to destroy Israel and kill all Jews. I think most can guess my views on that too.

A final question: does Israel have the right to defend itself against attacks by those who strive to destroy it? A simple 'Yes' or 'No' would suffice.
Well, if God is man-made, there should be no Israel, no Synagogues and no Jews. I didn't invent God, the Hebrews did !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-05-2018, 01:53 PM

Baldocks .
There are many Gods invented by humans from time immemorial.

Page 10 of 52 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top