Join for free
Page 21 of 52 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 06:15 PM

Re: Jerusalem

**Post questioning a moderators actions removed.

Originally Posted by Azz
Do not questioning mod actions on the forum (use the Contact a Mod or Contact Admin section instead)
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 12:00 AM

a powerful read:

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Fundam...nd-them-439391
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 12:36 AM

Another excellent article.
Annie please read .
This is what I meant when I posted earlier that Hamas has the tacit support of a majority of Palestinians .
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Another excellent article.
Annie please read .
This is what I meant when I posted earlier that Hamas has the tacit support of a majority of Palestinians .
Completely unbiased of course?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 06:23 AM

Can you provide evidence to the contrary?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-05-2018, 06:40 AM

Here is one man who could be a leader for the Palestinians .

Bashar Masri the man behind the new Palestinian city of Rawabi.

He is trying to move the Palestinians on but what does he get accusations of collusion with Israel .

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-new...n-with-israel/
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 10:17 AM

The source of that survey Dr. Khalil Shikaki also says Hamas is starting to move towards non-violent protests, although it still has a way to go. It's clear there are very different views among different Palestinian factions, but they are starting to see a different strategy will have more chances of success. Again the new covenant demonstrates a change of tone. :

"Does Hamas’ decision to join or even lead the nonviolent struggle mean there is a serious change taking place in the movement? It is too early to tell. The changes in the Hamas covenant, which were made a year ago, hint at this possibility[/B]. “Hamas will not give up on its weapons as long as the conflict does not end,” Shikaki explains. “But it is not saying: we need a war with Israel. It is saying: we have the right to resist.” This dynamic can be seen in national reconciliation talks as well. Hamas is willing to transfer civilian control of Gaza to Fatah, but will not dismantle its armed wing as long as the conflict with Israel continues. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas does not accept this kind of arrangement."

https://972mag.com/israels-nightmare...border/134502/

Progress requires a change of thinking on both sides.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 11:24 AM

I am a peace loving non violent pacifist, but if I had a boot on my throat holding me down, choking the very air from my lungs, degrading me by supplying with the bare essentials to sustain my life, with very little prospect for my future, held like a fish in a barrel...............I might express such frustration against the people that are reasonably seen as responsible for my situation.

The wording of the article, such as " how can one possibly even consider making peace with such people?" "Such people" ? reminiscent of Nazi propaganda ?

Bear with me...................I wonder what would happen if ALL the migrants scattered around the globe returned to their supposed homelands. The present day Australians, Americans, West Indians........would they have a moral right to reclaim a portion of their ancestral lands ?
If not why not ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-05-2018, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The source of that survey Dr. Khalil Shikaki also says Hamas is starting to move towards non-violent protests, although it still has a way to go. It's clear there are very different views among different Palestinian factions, but they are starting to see a different strategy will have more chances of success. Again the new covenant demonstrates a change of tone. :

"Does Hamas’ decision to join or even lead the nonviolent struggle mean there is a serious change taking place in the movement? It is too early to tell. The changes in the Hamas covenant, which were made a year ago, hint at this possibility[/B]. “Hamas will not give up on its weapons as long as the conflict does not end,” Shikaki explains. “But it is not saying: we need a war with Israel. It is saying: we have the right to resist.” This dynamic can be seen in national reconciliation talks as well. Hamas is willing to transfer civilian control of Gaza to Fatah, but will not dismantle its armed wing as long as the conflict with Israel continues. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas does not accept this kind of arrangement."

This article was before the extremely violent 'peaceful' protests witnessed at the Gaza border just recently,
If that is what they call a non violent protest what in goodness name is a violent one ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
“Hamas will not give up on its weapons as long as the conflict does not end,” Shikaki explains.

The conflict will not end until Hamas gives up on its weapons.

So which will come first then?

Hamas giving up on its weapons, or

the conflict ending?

The only logical meaning behind this is that Hamas will give up on its weapons when the Israelis are driven into the sea!

Page 21 of 52 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top