Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 11:30 PM

Using coffee grounds

I remember reading on here ages ago, about people tipping coffee grounds around their plants as a fertilizer.

I have just read an article that warns us about doing this.
Apparently too much coffee applied directly to soil can actually be toxic to plants and also to earth worms. This is because of the amount of caffeine and polyphenois.
The article recommends you compost it in small amounts before use.

So there you go, any coffee lovers.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 11:34 PM

Re: Using coffee grounds

I use coffee grinds to help eliminate cellulite and it works well
I’ve never used it on my plants
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I use coffee grinds to help eliminate cellulite and it works well
I’ve never used it on my plants

What do you do with it Bratti?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What do you do with it Bratti?
You mix it with oil. I use fresh coffee grinds but I’ve heard of people using used coffee grinds. It’s really easy to make and use but it is quite messy. The great news is that it works just as good or better than expensive cellulite creams .

Here are a few links about it

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.wome...-to-cellulite/

https://skinnyms.com/diy-coffee-coco...llulite-scrub/

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.good...-does-it-work/

This is the one I use. It’s made with coconut oil. This stuff smells amazing and makes your skin as smooth as a baby’s bum.

https://thecoconutmama.com/coffee-body-scrub/
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 06:55 AM

Hi mups , it's interesting you should say this because each morning I throw my ground coffee left overs from the percolator onto the soil in my garden . Before doing this my garden was used as a regular toilet by the local cats , I've noticed since I've done this each day the cats give my garden a wide berth . I wonder if it's coincidence.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 07:24 AM

I always just wash them away too

I will have to tell my neighbour to use them on her garden to help dissuade my cats from using her garden as a loo....she squirts them with a water pistol right now
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 09:52 AM

My grandparents used to put coffee grounds and tea grouts (there's a word you don't hear often) on a patch of soil and then leave it to break down before spreading on the garden.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:03 AM

Mups you are a clever girl, I was going to start a thread about coffee grounds today!

I'm sure I read they're good for roses, or was that banana skins?

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere...nips off to search...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top