Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 03:24 PM

Do you consider yourself intelligent.

I was thinking today how sometimes I feel I can lack common sense (which I hate) but yet I don't feel I am really unintelligent.

I can't call myself highly intelligent like some but I feel intelligent enough to get by in life and I think I can sometimes hold good conversations, although I couldn't ever hold a conversation about politics because I find different politics somewhat complex so I stay away from discussions such as politics.

I am talented in some areas such as writing poetry and musical abilities and I feel that makes up for my lack of high intelligence. I'm not putting myself down, I'm being realistic, I've never been academic but I do wish I was

How do you measure your own intelligence?

For the ones with higher intelligence do you look down on people with lower intelligence? Reason I ask this is because I sometimes hear people poking fun at the ones that aren't on the same level as themselves, which personally I think is wrong really.

Be honest, I'm interested.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 03:38 PM

Re: Do you consider yourself intelligent.

I don't consider myself particularly intelligent my IQ is only in the 120s. My husband and daughters have MENSA level IQs.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 03:45 PM

I can lift a tno but I can't spell it....
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:10 PM

No I don't consider myself intelligent.

I only got 3 O'Levels and 4 CSE's at School.

Whereas my Sister got A Levels in every subject.

I might not be intelligent but i'm not stupid.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I can lift a tno but I can't spell it....
Well at least you know what a tno is Barry.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:23 PM

I consider myself average.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:24 PM

IQ...
Over 140 - Genius or near genius.
120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence. ...
90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence.

I got this from Google...
what I want to know is what happens between 109 and 120 !!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:28 PM

I've probably said this before but I stopped going into school from the age of 13 so my intelligence was very poor through a lot of my life , then I started to find a desire to learn , I became a sponge absorbing information and loved it . At 50 I went back to college I learned to become a secretary eventually working in an accountants doing the accounts . I still go to college now anytime there is a course I fancy I sign up . Life has made me intelligent , I'm useless at sums but can get by very well . I'm proud of myself for I have have held down jobs and made a success of them prior to semi retiring as I am now .

Just edited to add I don't think my iq would be very high as I don't do well at exams
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

I got this from Google...
what I want to know is what happens between 109 and 120 !!
It just means You're VERY average,which makes You VERY normal...that'll do for Moi
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 05:08 PM

I class intelligence as being able to judge people's characters, be able to control your own lifestyle without others having to do it for you, be able to read and write in a basic sense and have some kind of practical common sense.

When I look at quiz contestants on Eggheads or The Chase who are 20 years old and have diplomas and degrees up the ying yang but know nothing about life, I turn it off. They are never going to win the game. They might be able to tell you the matrix of an algebraic logarithm (whatever that means) or wave their placards at some Labour councillor but they don't even know who Pink Floyd are and they can't wire a plug. No life experience, and that's how you amass intelligence - you gain it living your life and endure what happens all around you.

Am I intelligent? In some ways I guess I am.
I like to think that I'm good at certain things without being naturally gifted in any department (except maybe that one, but that's just how I was born).

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top