Join for free
Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 05:28 PM

Re: Do you consider yourself intelligent.

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm sure all the Mods are happier being out in the sunshine today rather than zapping people
I should hope so, just got back from a fabulous day out in this glorious weather.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 05:32 PM

I took part in that live IQ test on BBC 1 a few years back
I was completely surprised by a score of 128 and that was without my numeracy scores because although I knew the answers I wasn't loading them quickly enough before the screen changed.

I don't consider myself intelligent though, educated yes but not intelligent. Not like properly clever and academic people.
My brother and s-i-l are like that.

I did really well in the visual awareness bit. I'm happiest when I'm creating and making things so I suppose it makes sense
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I took part in that live IQ test on BBC 1 a few years back
I was completely surprised by a score of 128 and that was without my numeracy scores because although I knew the answers I wasn't loading them quickly enough before the screen changed.

I don't consider myself intelligent though, educated yes but not intelligent. Not like properly clever and academic people.
My brother and s-i-l are like that.

I did really well in the visual awareness bit. I'm happiest when I'm creating and making things so I suppose it makes sense
Course you are clever Rhian.... you just need a bit of teaching on how to safely climb the stairs.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Course you are clever Rhian.... you just need a bit of teaching on how to safely climb the stairs.
Hmmm...
Yes common sense was never my forté
And EQ is somewhere between child and senility!
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I can lift a tno but I can't spell it....
snap.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'm happiest when I'm creating and making things so I suppose it makes sense
Well, that is a real accomplishment Rhian. I wish I could create things.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 07:18 AM

All my life I've been told that I'm in the upper superior level of intelligence.

Well the academic ability is one thing but it teaches you nothing about real life - the ability to get on with others, social and emotional intelligence. I'm bi-polar but it doesn't affect me nearly as much as when I was younger, although I've had to learn to adapt.

My work doesn't require a great deal of intelligence I've found but it requires me to be exact.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:53 AM

Sadly, I've found that my level of "intelligence" is rapidly decreasing as I get further into being an over 80.

This is the time when some, whom you thought were friends, put you right with a little sneer and, maybe, a loose public comment like "ha ha, you've got some food stains down the front of your shirt!, silly old sod!"

Can't complain though!

Some people have had those comments for all of their lives!

Lucky to have got this far....!

p.s. came last in the interview for village idiot, recently, as was beaten by a politician!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 03:22 PM

I consider myself fairly intelligent,but unfortuately I'm easily distracOH LOOK,A SQUIRREL!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
I consider myself fairly intelligent,but unfortuately I'm easily distracOH LOOK,A SQUIRREL!
OK... now that made me laugh

Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top