Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:12 AM

Re: It is nice to say "thank you"

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I always taught my kids to write thankyou letters or e-mails to my family for birthday and Xmas pressies. I never got one from my sister's kids, you notice these things!
I was the same with my two children Tess .... now I always receive lovely letters or cards from my grandchildren after birthdays or Christmas ....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:24 AM

That takes me back i used to sit with my kids as they wrote little thankyou notes, they always used little quotes from TS Eliots Old Possums Book Of Cats

I know a cat who makes a habit of eating nothing else but rabbit and when he's finished licks his paws so not to waste the onion sauce.

Daft the things that stick in your memory
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:34 AM

Its polite to thank someone isn't it, I like to give thank you cards and I usually write my heartfelt thanks down in words, sometimes I express myself better with the written word. I always thank the driver when getting off a bus, you can tell most really appreciate those two simple words.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:47 AM

I always say, ‘Thank You’ to the bus driver as l get off the bus but would never say, ‘Thank You Driver’ as some do! I don’t like labelling people!

I think, l go over the top when l thank people, l keep repeating it!
I also say, Thank You via a phonecall or card as necessary.

I brought my children up to say, Thank You.
Sometimes, l have to remind some of my grandsons to say, Thank You, as l hand them something. I don’t let go of the item until they do!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 11:14 AM

Hi Bluey, good to see you back again, hope your health is gradually improving.

I say thank you all the time, to everyone!!

Thankyou for starting this nice thread
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 11:14 AM

Saying thank you is very important, indeed.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:05 PM

I agree Tara. I like the fact that you consider the environment....that is something I wasn't thinking about. Good thought.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Yes,I too always say thank by card,text,phone,or in Person,and We here always say thank You to the Bus Driver when We get off at Our stop and They usually say "You're welcome" in return...it's nice to be nice
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Its polite to thank someone isn't it, I like to give thank you cards and I usually write my heartfelt thanks down in words, sometimes I express myself better with the written word. I always thank the driver when getting off a bus, you can tell most really appreciate those two simple words.
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I always say, ‘Thank You’ to the bus driver as l get off the bus but would never say, ‘Thank You Driver’ as some do! I don’t like labelling people!

I think, l go over the top when l thank people, l keep repeating it!
I also say, Thank You via a phonecall or card as necessary.

I brought my children up to say, Thank You.
Sometimes, l have to remind some of my grandsons to say, Thank You, as l hand them something. I don’t let go of the item until they do!
Oh yes, the Bus Driver...another nice "thank you". I always say thank you to him/her....and usualy they say "you are welcome.

And Tim Hortons for a coffee, I say thanks. I have seen people take their coffee and walk out without saying a word.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

20-05-2018, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Manners costs nowt!
I don't know what nowt means Nicol....but thanks anyway,
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

20-05-2018, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I always taught my kids to write thankyou letters or e-mails to my family for birthday and Xmas pressies. I never got one from my sister's kids, you notice these things!
Tess, I notice it too, if I don't get a thank you card for a gift. I taught my son to thank everyone for their Christmas gifts.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top