Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 12:14 PM

Re: My new vaper

Reading these kind of accounts I am so glad that I never got into smoking as a child. Both my parents and grandparents smoked and the sight of them grinding out fag-ends into their dirty plates after a meal put me off smoking for life - something for which I am eternally grateful.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I thank my lucky stars that none of my close family have ever taken drugs or smoked.
How do you know they haven't?
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 12:51 PM

judge not to be judged. you are family no matter what - with or with out problems.

ps tried withdrawing from drugs many times but just can not kick the rabit until I found poetry. and now I see it has ruined my life and takes everything I have. drugs and nicotine would have been a safer option for this old man lol.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sweetie steps in meekly.
I am just starting to vape, I don't like it much.
Sorry, I gave in at the weekend when I was drinking. I am in my son's bad books.
Sweetie,the only way to give up smoking is because you want to. We all think " it won't happen to me" when we hear of people dying from cancer or heart disease..... but we need to remember that is what the people who died thought.

Most people, who smoke, die from smoking related illness.... so if you want to live a good life remember that, when you put a cigarette in your mouth...it may help you to put it back in the packet.

Giving up when you are told you have cancer, is easy,( I know from experience) but why wait till then?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Sweetie,the only way to give up smoking is because you want to. We all think " it won't happen to me" when we hear of people dying from cancer or heart disease..... but we need to remember that is what the people who died thought.

Most people, who smoke, die from smoking related illness.... so if you want to live a good life remember that, when you put a cigarette in your mouth...it may help you to put it back in the packet.

Giving up when you are told you have cancer, is easy,( I know from experience) but why wait till then?
You are SO right Twink. I feel I have failed myself.
I have lost all my family to the big C, my younger brother to lung cancer, my Dad, my Mum, recently my BIL to COPD.
You tell me, you are a good friend, bang my head against the wall. I am having a very stressful week this week, but, what a poor excuse from me.
Shame on me, for not having more willpower.
I freely admit it. But, I have not smoked today - So far.
Nor have I vaped.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You are SO right Twink. I feel I have failed myself.
I have lost all my family to the big C, my younger brother to lung cancer, my Dad, my Mum, recently my BIL to COPD.
You tell me, you are a good friend, bang my head against the wall. I am having a very stressful week this week, but, what a poor excuse from me.
I freely admit it. But, I have not smoked today - So far.
Nor have I vaped.
Well done for today then.
I know you are concerned for you son, but having a fag won't make him, or you, any better. On the other hand, knowing you are not smoking may give him something to be pleased about, especially when family members have died from cancer..... so give him something to smile about....and yourself!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
You are lucky - most people have terrible side-effects. How do you mean that it was too late and the damage was done?
My lungs are damaged ffosse I have COPD
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

Nail on head, one has to WANT to quit
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

21-05-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by sweetie pie ->
you are so right twink. I feel i have failed myself.
I have lost all my family to the big c, my younger brother to lung cancer, my dad, my mum, recently my bil to copd.
I freely admit it. But, i have not smoked today - so far.
Nor have i vaped.

oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 02:49 PM

but addiction is not easy. but we can do it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top