Join for free
Page 12 of 49 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 12:13 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 3)

ya one of the lucky ones Jem - sometimes I think that roaming whilst exciting has got me in trouble and I should have stayed nearer home!

my dear deceased bros stayed close to Ma until her decease and then fled to Spain! good on him
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 07:31 PM

No one says your name no more
When once it was in all our thoughts
I know you’ve gone ahead a while
But I can still recall your smile
But no one says your name no more

I looked at some old snaps of you
You look so happy never blue
We were always guaranteed a smile
With cheeky looks you could beguile

I sit and don’t know what to do
Some days it’s just all blue all blue
I could talk of you all day
But everyone says please don’t say

Well I’ll take every chance I can
Talk about the man the man
The man who’s name they will not say
The man who’s voice we could not enslave

© gumbud
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 06:15 PM

You’re on top form there Gumbud, that’s a real classic, it has permanence as they say, well done man.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

18-10-2015, 07:36 AM

the ones from the heart always come easy
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 08:02 PM

I was reading about the Apple watch, what a load of rubbish! and the price of it! Who the hell wants to be reminded of their blood pressure at the flick of a wrist?, how many steps you walk in a day or how many calories you consumed in the pub? and a reminder that someone you owe money to was trying to ring you, why carry all that bad news around on your wrist all day? is it any wonder this generation are nervous wreaks, have they learned nothing from the Yuppies and their filofax's? that's why you never hear about Yuppies anymore, they all went mad from worrying, a whole generation ruined by trying to be on top of everything all the time, can't be done I'm afraid.
Then when you get home she says “Darling, we have to talk, (Another American import, I hate it when they say that, sirens start screaming in me ears) I wanted to speak to you about the household spending, and I’m overdrawn at the bank again” “Hang on a second until I check with my new Apple watch, no, not a good time now, me heart is up to 98 point 6, perhaps after dinner, then we can synchronise our watches, level off at 78 point 4 and if we get overheated we can both drop dead at the same time. (Now there’s an idea for a new Apple double coffin)
I prefer to take my chances and go when I gotta go, no point in worrying about it all the time, out of sight out of mind, so no matter how cheap they get I won’t be getting one.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 08:42 PM

No, Apple ain't for me, mind you, I am a sucker for a nice Pear.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

18-10-2015, 09:19 PM

well I wouldn't mind an apple watch but what to do with the 'pips' - I've always hated the noise of the pips?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-10-2015, 09:45 PM

This is the one the wife had in mind for me this Christmas lads, 18 carat yellow gold, a real steal at only $17,000, I had a hell of job convincing her I didn't want it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

18-10-2015, 09:47 PM

what are we talkin here pound sterling, aussie or american dollars or those funny Irish notes - it could be a bargain at one of those!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-10-2015, 09:54 PM

US dollars Gumbud, not the ones from the Bank of Toyland they have in Australia.

Page 12 of 49 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top