Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 05:25 PM

Hormone fed beef from the USA

Should we consumers and farmers feel threatened by the possibility of a trade agreement with the USA meaning American hormone fed beef in our shops?

At the moment under EU rules hormone fed meat and chicken washed with chlorine is not allowed in the EU and therefore UK as well. If Brexit goes through and Trump has his way this could all change.

There are three issues here, most of which were missed by the media this morning.

1. Is hormone fed meat safe to eat?
2. If it does get sold in the UK will it be clearly labelled?
3. Will our farmers be allowed to rear animals in the same way to compete on price?
link https://www.bigbarn.co.uk/blog/2017/...-in-our-shops/

I try to eat healthy and I do use the Big Barn site in order to source local foods so I was a bit worried when I read this.

Has anyone actually eaten food pumped with hormones? Will it make me grow breasts, give me cancer, make me gay?..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:25 PM

Re: Hormone fed beef from the USA

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
link https://www.bigbarn.co.uk/blog/2017/...-in-our-shops/

I try to eat healthy and I do use the Big Barn site in order to source local foods so I was a bit worried when I read this.

Has anyone actually eaten food pumped with hormones? Will it make me grow breasts, give me cancer, make me gay?..

Well if you grow breasts or turn gay Mr.Rehab, please let us know won't you, so we know what meat not to buy.

Does anyone remember years ago you could buy 'Capons' in the shops? I understood these were young Cockerels who had been chemically castrated, to make them grow bigger and fatter more quickly - which of course equalled more profit.
I don't know if these are still sold, but I would never eat one that had been chemically treated to make his testicles shrivel up - especially if I was a man!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:27 PM

Will I get bigger boobs?
I've always wanted to be voluptuous
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Will I get bigger boobs?
Oh don"t say things like that Ruthio, you know the "BOYS" will get themselves into a lather, then who knows what will happen ?
Matron will probably have to called to restore order, and double quick.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:39 PM

Will I get bigger boobs?
Damn! I do love that word, it makes me come over all unnecessary...
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

24-01-2017, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well if you grow breasts or turn gay Mr.Rehab, please let us know won't you, so we know what meat not to buy.

Does anyone remember years ago you could buy 'Capons' in the shops? I understood these were young Cockerels who had been chemically castrated, to make them grow bigger and fatter more quickly - which of course equalled more profit.
I don't know if these are still sold, but I would never eat one that had been chemically treated to make his testicles shrivel up - especially if I was a man!!
I have two in the freezer..canons that is, not testicles. My local butcher always has them , I must ask him about testicles
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Oh don"t say things like that Ruthio, you know the "BOYS" will get themselves into a lather, then who knows what will happen ?
Matron will probably have to called to restore order, and double quick.
Oh good I need a laugh...Look Rehab's lost it already, his eyes are all glazed over
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:45 PM

Oh good I need a laugh...Look Rehab's lost it already, his eyes are all glazed over

I do believe you're right ruthio.
What's more, he's all confused and looking in his freezer for some testicles.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:46 PM

There you go, what did I say, one has to so be careful mentioning Boobs.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

24-01-2017, 06:46 PM

I thought this thread was about beef...oh......
That's opened another bag of worms ...beef..bags...worms..oh dear...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top