Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 02:42 PM

Re: Some healthy eating ideas.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I wasn't suggesting for a moment you should change anything Malcolm

I thought there might be someone like myself who for health reasons had stoped using soy sauce because of the high salt content and may not be aware there was a low salt alternative.
Why is salt so bad for you Meg ?
What exactly does it do to you that is so awful ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 02:49 PM

cant speak for Meg but my blood pressure medication is affected by salt they are very certain if I use salt a lot my meds could be dangerous. I'm taking no chances and have adopted a low salt diet, I don't use soy but it sounds like a good idea if anyone does to look at megs advice.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
cant speak for Meg but my blood pressure medication is affected by salt they are very certain if I use salt a lot my meds could be dangerous. I'm taking no chances and have adopted a low salt diet, I don't use soy but it sounds like a good idea if anyone does to look at megs advice.
We all know that Julie, I want to know Exactly what salt does to your body that increases your BP, bearing in mind that salt is a necessary part of your body's daily nutritional need.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
This is why I cook from fresh every day

I've been hypertensive since my 20's and at times hospitalised a couple of times because it was so high. Talk about a bland diet ahead of me if I'd carried on with the way I was eating

A saxo pot of salt lasts me ( family of 3 ) around two years. A little salt to enhance food is good as long as I'm not loading up on processed foods where it's hidden in vast quantities in foods you wouldn't be aware of

Now and then we cheat and get a take away, and we suffer greatly. Chinese and pizza are the worst culprits , I can feel my tongue burn and the thirst for the next 24 hrs is unbelievable

I cook Chinese and pizza at home. No salt at all added to Chinese , a wee dash of soy ( much less then recipe says) and a scant half teaspoon in enough dough to make 6 pizzas

A favourite 'meal out' will be breakfast on a busy Saturday. Neither of us take the sausage or bacon now because they are just too salty for our tastebuds.

Positively cannot have a 'fry up' breakfast without sausage & bacon!!! - its sacrilege
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Why is salt so bad for you Meg ?
What exactly does it do to you that is so awful ?
If you don't know I suggest you do a bit of research and find out Malcolm
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 03:37 PM

We all know that Julie, I want to know Exactly what salt does to your body that increases your BP, bearing in mind that salt is a necessary part of your body's daily nutritional need.
That wasn't what I was saying. It reacts with some medications and makes it dangerous to take them.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2016, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
If you don't know I suggest you do a bit of research and find out Malcolm
I'll take it that you don't know then.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 03:53 PM

I'll take it that you don't know then.
I know Malcolm but it is not my job to educate those who don't.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-11-2016, 03:57 PM

It's about the amount of sodium in your kidneys I believe. It's easy to find if you google it Malcolm.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2016, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's about the amount of sodium in your kidneys I believe. It's easy to find if you google it Malcolm.
Thanks Julie, but I do know hence me asking the question.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top