Join for free
Page 9 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 09:46 AM

Re: Mixed race marriages.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Women have to change too, both parties have to grow closer. I've had a long marriage neither of us are the people that met and married so long ago because we changed together grew together. If you can't do that I don't think marriage is what you need.
I'm a tad confused. It seems like you are saying that a woman has a right to force change on her husband.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I'm a tad confused. It seems like you are saying that a woman has a right to force change on her husband.
No one forces anything people just change if they want to be together. If they don't they are just two people living together.

Some men and women need encouragement to change, I think that's fair enough if they want to be together and make the other person happy.

I always think what will make my husband happy before me, and he thinks what will make me happy before him. That makes for a very happy life for both of us.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 09:54 AM

Try using words like 'adapt' or even (shock horror) 'compromise' rather than 'change'.

Nothing and no one should be set in concrete.

Everything evolves and changes...otherwise it dies.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Try using words like 'adapt' or even (shock horror) 'compromise' rather than 'change'.

Good point Ruthio.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 09:58 AM

No one forces anything people just change if they want to be together. If they don't they are just two people living together.

Some men and women need encouragement to change, I think that's fair enough if they want to be together and make the other person happy.

I always think what will make my husband happy before me, and he thinks what will make me happy before him. That makes for a very happy life for both of us.
I happy that has worked for you. But I'm having a difficult time imagining what I would be required to give up just so she will stay with me. Must I turn my entire world upside down? No, I think not.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-10-2017, 10:04 AM

I happy that has worked for you. But I'm having a difficult time imagining what I would be required to give up just so she will stay with me. Must I turn my entire world upside down? No, I think not.
You might have to and so might she. You do what you need if you love the other person I've found.
bakerman
Mexico

24-10-2017, 10:09 AM

You might have to and so might she. You do what you need if you love the other person I've found.
The problem is this: if he tries to change HER then all her GF'S say, "What a male chauvinist pig he is"

But if she tries to change HIM then she feels she has some divine right to change him to suit HER tastes and desires.
bakerman
Mexico

24-10-2017, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Yes Ruthio, you are right. But it MUST BE NATURAL, not forced
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 10:15 AM

Oh I say Bakerman,are You contemplating getting married again?...If so,all of Us Lassies on OFF will be here to give You all the good advice You need...woohoo...You know it makes sense
bakerman
Mexico

24-10-2017, 10:23 AM

Yes Ruthio, you are right. But it MUST BE NATURAL, not forced
Originally Posted by May ->
Oh I say Bakerman,are You contemplating getting married again?...If so,all of Us Lassies on OFF will be here to give You all the good advice You need...woohoo...You know it makes sense
Marriage again ? No possible way. This is merely a friendly exercise in debate. I am devoted to my cooking/baking, reading, and collecting and watching fine film making. I would never, under any possible condition give any of those up.

Page 9 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top