Join for free
Page 50 of 129 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 08:51 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Manchester/Cheshire

Sorry about your bump Anita

Jazzi ... hope you're feeling better. |Have you sorted out to get to Piccadilly Gardens ?

CC and I will get to Piccadilly Station at 11 am .... 10 minute walk to Chorlton Street or Piccadilly Gardens where the wheel is (still out of action!!) so we'll meet Carol and Jazzi around 10 past 11.... you two decide if it's Chorlton Street or near the wheel.

I've got to go back to the station to meet Valice at 11.45 so we'll be back with you for 12.

I think Sabrina is arriving around 12 also.

We then have to decide what time to eat ... we'll be near the Britannia so I suggest we go straight there .... by the time we order and get served it will be getting close to 1 pm ... say an hour to eat up .... then it will be 2 pm !

Not much time left if Carol's bus is at 4 pm but enough to go to St Anne's Square and look at the Market for those who fancy it .... I'll walk (or get the shuttle) with you all but I want to go to the Palace theatre to buy a ticket for show the following week (to save the booking fee on line ) so I'll shoot off there and come back to meet you again.

Don't know what time Valice's train home is but I will be going to the station with her .... there is a train at 4.46 for me and CC so we can hopefully see everyone off before we catch our train home

All of you have got my mobile number (and I am sure you have exchanged numbers with each other) so no-one will be stranded !

Any input from you will be good .... Sabrina seems to be in the know more than I am so we'll see what she has to say about my suggestion.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 09:05 PM

I have your number, myrtle, and just texted you. I also have Carol's no stored in my phone. If anyone else wants mine, they are welcome, but I at least have two to try and find you!

Carol, where is your preference? By the wheel, as myrtle suggests, or the bus station? I absolutely don't mind. I could meet you, Carol, at the bus station, and we both walk to the wheel to then meet CC and myrtle. I'm happy with whatever you all decide, but we do need to be clear where.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 10:30 PM

I prefer the bus station. I have absolutely no sense of direction & may even get lost on the bus station. Does it have a landmark? - a café or newspaper kiosk I could wait outside?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 10:48 PM

Hi Carol .... don't worry the bus station isn't very big so you won't get lost although from what I remember it isn't very light and airy .... stay at your bus stop and we'll find you

Jazzi .... if you want to go to the bus station (I would think your National Express bus will drop you there so you will know where it is) you could ask where the TransPeak bus stop is and that's where Carol will be.

Is that OK ladies ?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 11:02 PM

That's fine with me, myrtle. I'll wait there for Carol, with her, and wait for the rest of you.

Carol, sorry for forgetting...hope your ankle is improving.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 11:04 PM

That's fine - thanks Myrtle.

I'll be arriving on the Trans Peak Derby - Manchester bus. Due in at 10.55 but it might be a bit late as they don't seem to run on time.

I'll wait at my bus stop & hope somebody finds me..
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 11:07 PM

hope you all have a wonderful time with much fun and laughter!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

15-09-2014, 11:09 PM

Phew !!! That's that sorted then

What about the rest of my suggestions previously .... those in favour say Aye

We'd have a bit more fun if you were coming Honey
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

15-09-2014, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
That's fine with me, myrtle. I'll wait there for Carol, with her, and wait for the rest of you.

Carol, sorry for forgetting...hope your ankle is improving.
It's a lot better now thanks Jazzi - like you I will only be slow walking. Not long to go now - see you there.

Originally Posted by Honey ->
hope you all have a wonderful time with much fun and laughter!
Aw that's nice - thank you Honey.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

15-09-2014, 11:13 PM

Myrtle - I like your suggestion ... Aye.

Page 50 of 129 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top