Join for free
Page 421 of 1010 « First < 321 371 411 419 420 421 422 423 431 471 521 921 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2013, 02:07 PM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

As for today, I took some pork shoulder chops out of the freezer last night, there were four and could not separate, so better pair will be grilled tonight and served with broccoli, cauli, French beans and mash, and the other two will be cut up and with the addition of an apple and a packet mix made into a pork with cider and apple casserole, which will sit in the 'fridge for a few days until we are ready to eat.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2013, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
I think I have mentioned in the past that one of my favourite tv programmes is an American series known as triple D, where the presenter, a chef and restaurateur in his own right travels the country visiting independent food outlets that viewers recommend. Well in this programme quite a few of these places have their own burger recipes, and they always look huge, juicy and extremely tasty. It is therefore quite fortunate that this programme is on late at night or despite the fact that I am not a burger fan, I may be tempted to go and buy one. Anyway, I have also said about the fantastic electric mincer I purchased from Amazon a few months ago. And here the two 'subjects' come together.

I had defrosted a couple of sirloin steaks purchased mucho reduced some months ago and we were going to have them for dinner yesterday. But they turned out to be quite small. Enter my son, and the mincer. He minced each steak, along with a small onion, using the medium holed disk, and he added some chilli flakes to his own portion. He then formed the mince into a patty, covered with cling film and placed in 'fridge for an hour. Later he cooked them on the ridged griddle pan.

All I can say is WOW. He had taken note of two of Guy's (the programme presenter) mantras, first, handle the mince/patty as little as possible, and second, never ever press on the burger once it is on the grill. Result? The most amazing tender,light, juicy and delicious burger I have ever tasted. It melted in the mouth leaving just the taste of best steak. So when I say that yesterday we had burger and chips with salad, take it from me, this was no ordinary bog standard burger!!!!
Made the mouth water a little bit there daisymay. My home made hamburgers never taste quite as good as I expect and the reason is that to make a good burger you must use a good cut of meat and mince it yourself. (note to self do this next time)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 09:29 AM

Had a packet of Beef mince and onion in my freezer yesterday, so took about half of it, placed in large frying pan and fried off. Added some mixed veg, a dash of Worcester sauce and cooked the whole lot through. When cooked, scooped into oven tray and spread out evenly, put mashed potato over the top and then added grated cheese on top of potato. Placed under grill until cheese has melted and potato has turned golden brown. I made enough that I can finish it off for lunch today too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 09:34 AM

Not sure I will have time today, so having a cup of soup at about 11am and another mid afternoon. Should keep me going along with numerous cups of tea LOL
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 05:47 PM

Had Chicken Piri Piri, roast potatoes and vegs. today. Tonight having a Turkey Roll.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 06:34 PM

Fried rice, chicken pieces, some bbq sauce, 2 veg spring rolls, the remainder of the hoisin sauce from t'other day, and a few slices of garlic bread.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2013, 08:45 AM

Today is going to be Jewish Chicken Penicilian with Mash Potatoes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2013, 09:40 AM

Pork steak with vegetables for meat eater and a quorn pretending to be chicken steak for me
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2013, 05:04 PM

I have never understood why people who refuse to eat actual meat, will still eat something masquerading as meat. Is it a sub conscious manifestation of a deep rooted but unacknowledged desire for the real thing? Or is simply shame/embarrasmment at not eating meat so it is necessary yo pretend to do so?
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

11-10-2013, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Today is going to be Jewish Chicken Penicilian with Mash Potatoes.
I get the Jewish penicillin reference, but cannot see how one would eat soup and mashed potato, surely the mash would simply dissolve into the soup?

Page 421 of 1010 « First < 321 371 411 419 420 421 422 423 431 471 521 921 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top