Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 05:54 PM

Complaining or not?

When is a complaint not a complaint but, an observation or a statement?
If you said to the manager of a supermarket, " There are no blue toilet rolls."
Would he or she think you were complaining?
If I said , " I don't like woolly vests" would people say, "Here she goes again, complaining about woolly vests now! "
Do you agree that, especially us vintage folk, get told we're always complaining, when in fact we're observing and stating facts?

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 06:15 PM

Re: Complaining or not?

Your only wasting your time Twiz. I think they just lump old folks like me into the one basket labelled C.O.F. “Complaining old Farts”, it makes no difference if you’re only making an observation. You are usually told that “There is an official complaints channel and all complaints should be directed through that channel, think you”
In much the same voice as “The next passenger train from Euston to Holyhead will depart from platform 6, think you”
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
When is a complaint not a complaint but, an observation or a statement?
If you said to the manager of a supermarket, " There are no blue toilet rolls."
I have only seen white loo rolls are there such things as blue ones

I certainly haven't see any blue ones in my Waitrose so they would probably sit me down and give me a hot drink thinking I was having some sort of illusion they are good like that in Waitrose..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 06:24 PM

Stop complaining Meg - tut tut
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 06:26 PM

Complaining or not?....erm..let Me think..NOT..Today thank You,..but I may do so Tomorrow ;~)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have only seen white loo rolls are there such things as blue ones

I certainly haven't see any blue ones in my Waitrose so they would probably sit me down and give me a hot drink thinking I was having some sort of illusion they are good like that in Waitrose..
Sit you down where Meg that's what I would like to know!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 06:28 PM

Plenty of blue and pink loo rolls over here Meg, methinks Waitrose are falling behind, pardon the pun.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Sit you down where Meg that's what I would like to know!
We have high stools in our Waitrose Mags all along the window tables with newspapers to read when drink your free coffee
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Plenty of blue and pink loo rolls over here Meg, methinks Waitrose are falling behind, pardon the pun.
Well rearly!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

13-10-2015, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Well I am shocked Jem I might have to complain about that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top