Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Anji0007
Wales UK
Anji0007 is female  Anji0007 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 06:40 PM

Re: Bread and butter pudding

I made a B & B pudding this week, usualy reciepe, but i put lemmon curd in with the layers, yummy !!, also froze well
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 08:07 PM

Hi Suey,

I do the same as Gabi's link, but I use half of evaparated milk and the other half whole milk.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 11:11 AM

Sue, Anji & Susie - any of you or anyone else make a bread pudding according to the recipe I posted??? - tell me how it turned out and what you think of it.
Anji0007
Wales UK
Anji0007 is female  Anji0007 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 03:09 PM

Yes Joe, i did your reciepe , & enjoy'd it, was a little sweet for me tho, i made it again with just the marmalade, left the orange juice out, & less sugar, i did enjoy it more, thing is, this is such a versatile desert, you can add & take to your own taste, after all, i believe there are no rules in cooking, tailor made is good ,

hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Anji0007 ->
Yes Joe, i did your reciepe , & enjoy'd it, was a little sweet for me tho, i made it again with just the marmalade, left the orange juice out, & less sugar, i did enjoy it more, thing is, this is such a versatile desert, you can add & take to your own taste, after all, i believe there are no rules in cooking, tailor made is good ,

hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Thank you Anji darlin' and Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz in reciprocation.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 02:27 PM

Hi Uncle Joe, I haven't tried your Bread and Butter Pudding, the main reason is i'm Diabetic and orange juice and marmalade would be too much sugar for me, but it sounds nice though.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

27-11-2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Uncle Joe, I haven't tried your Bread and Butter Pudding, the main reason is i'm Diabetic and orange juice and marmalade would be too much sugar for me, but it sounds nice though.
Susie darlin' I too am type 2 Diabetic and don't let 'a little of what you fancy' to change my diet too much.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 03:25 PM

I think you are right Geoff. We are type 2 diabetic too and we substitute ordinary sugar with Splenda when cooking.
We also have a few sweets occassionaly, especially after something like a jacket potato...as I our nurse said, it takes a while for the body to digest the potato and eating a sweet dessert after, you don't get a 'high'.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

27-11-2012, 05:00 PM

Hi Geoff & Janela,

I do eat naughty things although I shouldn't. I made Chocolate Brownies the other day, but only 1 small slice for me.

I am Type 1 Insulin Dependant also 4 Metformin tablets, I seem to have a problem with my Diabetes, I can be sugar level 19 during the day, but during the night it goes down to 3 or 4, so I have to be extra careful with myself.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

27-11-2012, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Geoff & Janela,

I do eat naughty things although I shouldn't. I made Chocolate Brownies the other day, but only 1 small slice for me.

I am Type 1 Insulin Dependant also 4 Metformin tablets, I seem to have a problem with my Diabetes, I can be sugar level 19 during the day, but during the night it goes down to 3 or 4, so I have to be extra careful with myself.
Susie darlin' - Oh bugger!!! what a shame for you!!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top