Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 06:17 PM

Re: Boris, do you trust him?

Originally Posted by galty ->
My point was that knife crime fell by over 50% WHEN he took office.

To say that after the fall it rose again missed the point.

Under this present Major its going threw the roof.
If you check you will see you said that he was credited with a fall of 50% after he took office. It does seem out of control but that started before Boris relinquished office. Look at this article from 2015.

I'm not sure what Sadiq Khan is doing to fix the problem and he doesn't seem very effective as a Mayor as far as I'm concerned, but to place the blame solely at his door is also inaccurate.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayo...-10315761.html

Cutting police numbers doesn't help. There do not seem be any bobbies on the beat any more and closing police stations means that there is nowhere for ordinary people to go to report crime and phone numbers that don't get answered are pretty useless too.

It seems that there is just more crime all round. Our society has become more arbitrarily violent than a few years ago. But it's not a new thing to have knife crime in the UK. Perhaps some of this is also over reporting by the media relative to the old days? Perhaps the more it's reported the more people become attracted to doing it themselves?

But there is some good news on crime overall. I've just been looking at crime stats between 2001/2 and 2014/5. As a result of advances in technology (IMO) some non-violent crimes have fallen drastically since records started. For example theft of or from vehicles, handling stolen goods, criminal damage, domestic burglary.

Of concern is a massive rise in sex offences. Perhaps part of that is more reporting. It's interesting that cannabis possession is right down. I think they are just not bothering to stop people.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...cal-crime-data
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 06:21 PM

I dont support him was just giving an examply on one point how he reduced knife crime.

You could try to take that on board and if you could think against my point on my post could you give a better reason that he was an idiot for reducing knife crime.

PS You give a link about nothing to do about my post supporting him on his actions to stop the knife crime in London

Meanwhile money was lost that could have, made a a vast difference to our police and security forces still ongoing today.

The question asked is do you trust Boris, the answer i gave is i do not.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
And vote for whom instead?
Come on! You know perfectly well who he'd vote for!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Come on! You know perfectly well who he'd vote for!
The moaning whiny party??........
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=Rehab44;1414718]Is Boris Donald’s love child by Stormy?[/QUOTE

galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

Meanwhile money was lost that could have, made a a vast difference to our police and security forces still ongoing today.

The question asked is do you trust Boris, the answer i gave is i do not.
Your link makes no sense as it states that Police numbers are up.

Don't think that's right.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 10:17 AM

Your link makes no sense as it states that Police numbers are up.

Don't think that's right.

Do reread Nom's comments more carefully and then explain where he has suggested that Police numbers have increased.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Do reread Nom's comments more carefully and then explain where he has suggested that Police numbers have increased.
I was quoting his link.

Your not very bright are you
Tupman
United Kingdom Surrey
Tupman is male  Tupman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 04:41 PM

The man was a disaster for London. If he ever become PM he would be a complete catastrophe

The answer is put him in a straight jacket and lock him away in a padded cell, where he could do the lease harm.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top