Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 01:33 PM

Re: EU citizens in UK anxiously seek security before Brexit

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Absolute nonsense. We must not guarantee anybody anything until we know that our own ex-pats will be treated similarly and fairly.

We can't agree terms directly with Spain and others; the EU won't allow it.

In the future, after the EU dictatorship has collapsed, we can then certainly make mutually beneficial agreements with individual countries.

We have had this discussion and Spain has already said it will guarantee rights of British immigrants. Jorge Toledo (great name) already said so. They will ignore dictates from brussels. We should not be putting hardworking people through such nonsense. Its a mistake to treat people like cattle at a market awaiting slaughter.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

SF - I agree. I only hope that once we are out, Theresa will get her finger out and sort out our Border security. They are a joke at present.Our borders are like a sieve!! I believe we will need at least a thousand more Border officers and probably gunboats as well!
Why is she not sorting that now instead of swanning around in Vague photoshoots?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 01:40 PM

Hi

A personal view.

I am getting fed up with both sides behaving like idiots on this, it does not reflect well on the Politicians at all.

I see no reason this could not be sorted out with a video conference with all those involved now and then we could get on with the important stuff.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 01:44 PM

JBR, thank you for your comment. I was undecided whether to post my opinion or not as it was so contrary to what page after page was saying.
I wouldn't like to feel I was being offensive with my comments but it is something I feel very strongly about. When one side is offering an olive branch regarding Immigrants rights and the other spits at it, that is it as far as I am concerned. Now it is a case of "Theresa, go in there and do battle for Britain". Use every weapon at your disposal, as unpleasant as it may be, she was put in that position, now she has to do her best for everyone but not at the expense of Britain or British citizens in any shape or form.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-03-2017, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A personal view.

I am getting fed up with both sides behaving like idiots on this, it does not reflect well on the Politicians at all.

I see no reason this could not be sorted out with a video conference with all those involved now and then we could get on with the important stuff.
The devil is in the detail Swim
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A personal view.

Sorry but have to disagree with you on "both sides behaving like idiots on this" SF, So far I believe Theresa May has acted impeccably over this important matter, asking the EU to cooperate with her by letting all citizens know now, even before negotiations begin, that if they are residing in their relevant EU countries and Britain, they can be assured that they will not be asked to leave. We all know the result of such a reasonable request!

The only idiots I see are Juncker, Merkle and their ilk behaving like the bullies they are.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

22-03-2017, 02:06 PM

May I just add, I will be one of the first to criticise and yes, even curse Theresa May if she lets us down and capitulates anything that is detrimental to either us here in Britain or our British citizens in the EU.
Hopefully, as JBR says, it is just bluster with Juncker and Merkle for publicity sake, and they will act more in an adult manner once the talks begin.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-03-2017, 02:42 PM

May I just add, I will be one of the first to criticise and yes, even curse Theresa May if she lets us down and capitulates anything that is detrimental to either us here in Britain or our British citizens in the EU.
Hopefully, as JBR says, it is just bluster with Juncker and Merkle for publicity sake, and they will act more in an adult manner once the talks begin.
I am sure common sense will prevail (if they lock junky out of the room)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We have had this discussion and Spain has already said it will guarantee rights of British immigrants. Jorge Toledo (great name) already said so. They will ignore dictates from brussels. We should not be putting hardworking people through such nonsense. Its a mistake to treat people like cattle at a market awaiting slaughter.
So why don't you send a message to Theresa May? I'm sure she is more aware than I of how trustworthy Jorge Toledo, whoever he is, will be.

If that gentleman actually has the power to make such decisions, perhaps he can also agree separate mutually beneficial trade agreements between Spain and the UK, if he can ignore the EU on that matter too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 02:54 PM

JBR, thank you for your comment. I was undecided whether to post my opinion or not as it was so contrary to what page after page was saying.
I wouldn't like to feel I was being offensive with my comments but it is something I feel very strongly about. When one side is offering an olive branch regarding Immigrants rights and the other spits at it, that is it as far as I am concerned. Now it is a case of "Theresa, go in there and do battle for Britain". Use every weapon at your disposal, as unpleasant as it may be, she was put in that position, now she has to do her best for everyone but not at the expense of Britain or British citizens in any shape or form.
Your opinion is only contrary to what whingeing remainers have been saying.

I think you'll find that most of us here agree with you completely. Many of us are sick and tired of all the threats. Before the referendum was bad enough, but now the decision has been made they should just shut up and keep quiet if they can't find it in themselves to fight alongside us for what is best for the country as a whole.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top