Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 04:38 AM

Moonstruck

At least once per year I watch one of my all-time favorite films--- "Moonstruck".

God, how I love that movie. The film, starring : Cher, Nicolas Cage and Olympia Dukakis is a wonderful love story.

Perhaps I'm biased. I've got a crush on Cher. Yes, she's drop dead gorgeous, but I love her personality, not just in this film but, over her entire fantastic career.

Cher won an Oscar Award for "Best Actress" in Moonstruck.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 06:43 AM

Re: Moonstruck

That is a wonderful film, Bakerman. I do not like Nicholas Cage - he makes my flesh crawl, whatever he is in - but Cher is brilliant. She is as good an actress as she is a singer.

Another film of hers that I frequently watch is 'Suspect' with Liam Neeson and Dennis Quaid.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 07:12 AM

I like Moonstruck it's so funny .
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I like Moonstruck it's so funny .
Funny ? I can think of many adjectives to describe this film but "funny" would be the last one I'd choose. Why funny ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 07:21 AM

A brilliant film, I have seen it lots of times. One of Cage's best performances.
bakerman
Mexico

21-07-2018, 07:26 AM

For Cher fans, I also highly recommend "Cher: The Farewell Tour". One of the best concerts I've ever seen and I've seen most of the big names, live.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
For Cher fans, I also highly recommend "Cher: The Farewell Tour". One of the best concerts I've ever seen and I've seen most of the big names, live.
We went to see her farewell tour at the NEC Birmingham and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Funny ? I can think of many adjectives to describe this film but "funny" would be the last one I'd choose. Why funny ?
It is a comedy !
Funny in the sense of numerous .
bakerman
Mexico

21-07-2018, 09:43 AM

Muddy, I'm glad you enjoyed it but I found the film to be rather touching.

Cher who was about to make a huge mistake by marrying Johnny (the older brother) is saved by Ronnie (Nicolas Cage).

Ronnie who was lost in grief, and doomed to a life of misery, is saved by Cher when she rekindles his passion for life, love and the opera.

Ronnie's deeply heartfelt speech to Cher, on the freezing sidewalk outside his apartment, was, profound, when he said, "All those story books are bullsh*t. We are not here to live happily ever after. We are not perfect. Snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us. We are here to ruin ourselves and break our hearts, maybe by loving the wrong people. And then die. I love you. Now, I want you to go upstairs and get in my bed."

Wow ! What a great passionate call for love. One could feel the hormones raging. Though Cher didn't want to admit it , she also felt the hormones sweeping her off her feet.

That kind of passion happens once in a lifetime.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 09:52 AM

Not seen moonstruck but I once watched a film called Mask, she was so good playing masks' mum. It was a brilliant film. Have you seen it? They boy had a disfigured face and she was such a good mum to him, had me in tears

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top