Join for free
Page 26 of 37 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 08:18 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles part 2

Im off

I had an anagram called Lassie
His fur was decidedly tatty
When out in the truck
He couldn't give a jot
And could sometimes come over quite nasty
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 09:00 PM

The Dog connection led me searching RJ and as far as I know there are no surviving photos of the famous Susie and Sal, but I reckon they were around the same time as was Judge Roy Bean, the very early 1900’s, the song “For me and my Gal” was taken from the musical “Here and There” 1917, but recorded by many singers since including Bing Crosby.
Now the Judges biggest sworn enemy was Bad Bob, mainly because of what Bad Bob said about the judge’s idol Lillie Langtry, Bob told the Judge over a poker table that Lillie “Looked like a Dog” and the judge swore he’d make Bob “Eat those words” I have seen photo’s of Lillie and I can honestly say that she does not look like a Dog.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 11:59 PM

Thanks Jem for this fulsome reply. Didn't LL dally with the future King.?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think ‘Every Susie and Sal’ is the female equivalent of ‘Every Tom Dick and Harry’ Gumbud, but there was still a problem, womens rights organisations objected to the male version having three characters whilst they had only two, not in line with equality you see, so at a recent sitting of the European Court a bill was passed to rectify that, now the song goes “And for weeks they’ve been sewing every Susie, Sal, and Sandy” I hope that clears things up to everyones satisfaction.
tell me ya jokin?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 06:08 AM

Doing Dementia

Well hello and how are you today?
Well I’m OK and how are you?
D’you work here free or paid?

Well I am John your youngest son
I come in everyday
Do you really well bless my soul
Never seen you pass this way

You have some grandkids
Growing quick
Should I bring them ‘round to see you?
Well if you want I like the young, so smart and lookin slick

I visited Mum’s old grave last week
Cleaned it up; fresh flowers
I could take you there one day some time
To pass away some hours

Well that’s very nice of your young Sir
Do you think your Mum would mind
A stranger lookin on her grave
No Dad she wouldn’t mind

Well must be off Dad late for dinner
Will come again tomorrow
Come when you like young fellow you
We can share each others sorrows!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

23-01-2015, 08:45 AM

Oh my word
twenty third
of May?
today

actually
January
it is a pain
each day the same

am I your dad?
do I know you?
memory's bad
I do know you

Where is your mum?
she's gone old chum
When'd it happen?
this is the pattern.

Oh my word
twenty third
of May?
today

actually
January
it is a pain
each day the same

am I your dad?
do I know you?
memory's bad
I do know you

Where is your mum?
she's gone old chum
When'd it happen?
this is the pattern

Oh my word
twenty third
of May?
today

actually
January
it is a pain
each day the same

am I your dad?
do I know you?
memory's bad
I do know you

Where is your mum?
she's gone old chum
When'd it happen?
this is the pattern
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 12:26 PM

Ah Mothers and Fathers, you can’t live with them (forever) and you wouldn’t be here without them.
All birds must leave the nest at some stage, although some never master the art of flight and remain, there are quite a few flightless birds nowadays on account of the housing situation here, and some poor Mammy’s and Daddy’s never get any peace, not a bit fair methinks.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

23-01-2015, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ah Mothers and Fathers, you can’t live with them (forever) and you wouldn’t be here without them.
All birds must leave the nest at some stage, although some never master the art of flight and remain, there are quite a few flightless birds nowadays on account of the housing situation here, and some poor Mammy’s and Daddy’s never get any peace, not a bit fair methinks.
Totally agree with you Jem, it is very difficult for kids today, we had to step in and buy our youngest a house where he wanted to live because he could not afford it with a new wife and a baby. In our day it was fairly easy on just my income.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

23-01-2015, 05:50 PM

the original arab bedouin family [tribe] seem to seemed to see it differently as did the Chinese
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

23-01-2015, 08:54 PM

Speaking of tribes, Spitty might be interested in this custom.

Spitting your hellos.
Members of the Maasai tribe in Kenya and Tanzania spit as a way of greeting. Spitting plays another role: men spit on newborns and say they are bad, in the belief that if they praise a baby, it will be cursed. Maasai warriors will also spit in their hands before shaking the hand of an elder. - See more at: http://afkinsider.com/35797/10-fasci....3SZ3aXsj.dpuf

Page 26 of 37 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top