Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2014, 07:56 AM

Re: Short term memory loss.

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
@alice76. "The fact YOU are aware of it is a reassuring thing." Quite right! I guess if it was serious, I wouldn't remember that I was forgetting.

Ya know, you may be on to something there. Depression causing short-term memory loss. Maybe subconsciencely, I walking around in some kind of stupor. In the past five years, my best friend ( my cat of 19 years) died, a year later my Dad died, I've had financial issues, and I started losing my teeth. My boss is a bitch, and every day my old car still runs, its a gift. Lord knows, I can't afford another one. LOL. who knows?
I'm not surprised you feel you have memory loss. You've had so much going on in your life. Stress will be the root of it I bet. Try to be kind to yourself and don't over think about memory loss for the moment x
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

27-11-2014, 03:41 PM

@alice76, thank-you for the kind words. I'm glad someone understands.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 10:11 AM

I couldn't understand why I wasn't able to open the bathroom door when leaving the bathroom yesterday morning, it wasn't locked.
Normally when you go out of a room the door opens inwards, the bathroom door opens the other way - I had forgotten.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by valice ->
I couldn't understand why I wasn't able to open the bathroom door when leaving the bathroom yesterday morning, it wasn't locked.
Normally when you go out of a room the door opens inwards, the bathroom door opens the other way - I had forgotten.
Reminded me of when I get to the lift, at times I'm trying to put me key in the lift button !!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 02:56 PM

I hate it when someone can't remember something I told them about not so long ago. I find prompting them helps. Now this is good advice and does work ... stick a pin in their arm or leg. Once they are aware of the consequences of not remembering anything their memory improves remarkably.

Works for me .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I hate it when someone can't remember something I told them about not so long ago. I find prompting them helps. Now this is good advice and does work ... stick a pin in their arm or leg. Once they are aware of the consequences of not remembering anything their memory improves remarkably.

Works for me .
So Mark, does someone stick a pin in you?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 04:02 PM

Works for me .
Originally Posted by Mags ->
So Mark, does someone stick in pin in you?
Needlework box is out and at the ready
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 05:42 PM

Works for me .
Are you a witch doctor by any chance?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
So Mark, does someone stick a pin in you?
Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Needlework box is out and at the ready
I could say something witty about deflating egos but I will resist the temptation
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 12:29 AM

I've just one thing to say...

Post-Its are my best friends.

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top