Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

29-11-2014, 02:45 AM

Re: Guns everywhere !

I have mixed feelings about guns. Thankfully, I've never been in a situations to need one. We live in a crazy world though, and having one for self-defense does make sense. For instance, if some maniac comes into my house with violent intentions, I would use one to wound him/her until the cops came and took them away.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
I have mixed feelings about guns. Thankfully, I've never been in a situations to need one. We live in a crazy world though, and having one for self-defense does make sense. For instance, if some maniac comes into my house with violent intentions, I would use one to wound him/her until the cops came and took them away.
Surely it has the possibility of escalating the problem if they expect to meet someone with a gun they will bring a gun too.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 12:37 PM

Blimey. Realizing that being armed wouldn't be an advantage over others would make you reconsider some dubious action though, wouldn't it? It could well be that the criminal element will think 2x or more about breaking the law in such a place. The barmy, or drunk, will no doubt still 'play up' but they could well be 'eradicated' over time .

I got in an awful argument with a close neighbour at one time and he might well have blown my head off (or one of his 'underworld associates') if guns were all over the place as he was a real nasty piece of work; but then again would I have got in the argument in the first place if there was a chance bullets would start flying?

Be interesting to see the outcome but I would place a pretty hefty bet that the crime rate will drop, though, of course, it probably is low there already.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 04:33 PM

The awful Dunblane massacre was enough for me. The damage one gun can cause is immeasurable.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top