Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 10:52 PM

Re: What Aspect of Travel Do You Dislike The Most ?

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Airports in general, more so waiting for your bags coming round on the carousel, there's always a push chair going round and round, I do believe those who pack the carousel are having a laugh putting that darn pushchair on.
If you've done the trip to Oz going anywhere else is a doddle, that flight is a nightmare more so coming home....oh!!!! don't you just wish you could afford a flatbed.
lol Gabi, that's exactly what we were saying earlier. When getting off that plane tonight I was glad to see the back of it and said Spain would now be a dawdle! Coming back was harder. On the airbus from Dubai to Sydney you could walk up and down and look up the golden stairway to first class!! Oh what joy must be up there . What puzzles me though is - who the heck can afford it? Good on them if they can
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 12:43 AM

I don't like the night before - wondering if I dare go to sleep, worrying in case there's something I've forgot to pack etc.

Then - there's having to get up at an unearthly hour if it's an early flight. I don't like the queues & checking in rigmarole - but once I'm in the departure lounge my holiday begins and I enjoy it from then on.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Buses. Too full, all of them, and the drivers seem to have had no lessons.
Im sure your wrong Jazzi, it takes skill to know when to set off at pace and apply the brakes so you can toss your passengers around, while maintaining a grumpy disposition when they are asking for a ticket.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
For me it's the hassle of going through an airport to catch a flight. All the walking that it can require, nearly having to strip off to go through security and all the hanging about. It makes you wonder if it's worth it.
Im scared of Flying as well
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 08:49 AM

When a lot of folks are crammed into a small space, it always crosses ones mind that an unknown individual may be carrying a rare transferable lurgy. This is soon forgotten once the Air Conditioning starts recycling the exhaled smog.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 02:09 PM

Also, after the holiday, when you have to unpack your case . I haven't touched it yet. It can wait!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 02:55 PM

For me the worst is having to wait four or five hours for a connecting flight to Ireland lasting one hour. After a long haul flight, the last thing you want is to sit in an airport waiting for the last leg home.
Oh, and flying to Aus is bad enough, but there are worse flights with multiple connections taking over two days to get there - I've just done one and never again!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

29-11-2014, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't like the night before - wondering if I dare go to sleep, worrying in case there's something I've forgot to pack etc.

Then - there's having to get up at an unearthly hour if it's an early flight. I don't like the queues & checking in rigmarole - but once I'm in the departure lounge my holiday begins and I enjoy it from then on.
Carol, on the way back we decided to book into an Ibis hotel near the airport. Had to get up at 2.30 am to check in for 3 am. Flight was at 6. If you want to see me at my grumpiest, then that's the time to do it .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

29-11-2014, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
For me the worst is having to wait four or five hours for a connecting flight to Ireland lasting one hour. After a long haul flight, the last thing you want is to sit in an airport waiting for the last leg home.
Oh, and flying to Aus is bad enough, but there are worse flights with multiple connections taking over two days to get there - I've just done one and never again!
Orang, I just couldn't do multiple connections. I'm not cut out for it. Two were difficult enough for me. Even although it was off one flight, virtually straight onto another one! Gawd, I'm a moany old besom!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
For me it's the hassle of going through an airport to catch a flight. All the walking that it can require, nearly having to strip off to go through security and all the hanging about. It makes you wonder if it's worth it.
Alan, get yourself a motorhome, you can go anywhere in UK or Europe, never have to breath the air from fellow passengers, never have to hang around waiting hours while they use your plane to replace a plane with a technical fault, never have to undergo all the security hassle, never have to eat an airline meal again, and the best bit is the same applies to trains and buses, it's the only way to travel these days

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top