Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 05:50 AM

Hate

Can Hate ever be something positive. An emotion that could lead you to want to change something you see as bad. ?

Or is it something that is so PC these days it has no place in society.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 07:18 AM

Re: Hate

I don't think I've ever "hated" someone/something in the whole of my life. I have "disliked" things but I think hate is a destructive emotion, destructive to the hater as well as the hated.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I don't think I've ever "hated" someone/something in the whole of my life. I have "disliked" things but I think hate is a destructive emotion, destructive to the hater as well as the hated.
I hated to watch the Twin Towers destroyed but I do not hate Muslims because of it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 08:41 AM

I do feel hate, it is a strong emotion but one I feel towards paedophiles, rapists and murderers - dislike, is to tame a word for what I feel.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 08:54 AM

Could well be Alan, but if it motivates someone to change something can that not be said to have used a negative emotion to do something positive. ?

Left to fester, im sure your correct it can be destructive personally.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 09:09 AM

I remember being 13 and in poetry,drama class we were acting out being a POW. Our teacher had been one. Dan Dickey stopped the acting and told every boy to look at me-Burridge has hate there and I wish we could have recorded it .

It was easy-just form a mental image of my father
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 09:15 AM

But yes hate is destructive and many years later I found out that `Dan` Dickey could not cope without life as a teacher and soon after retiring drank himself to death. I was far too young to see he was a very damaged soul who remained a man amongst boys but could not cope with his memories outside the facade
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
But yes hate is destructive and many years later I found out that `Dan` Dickey could not cope without life as a teacher and soon after retiring drank himself to death. I was far too young to see he was a very damaged soul who remained a man amongst boys but could not cope with his memories outside the facade
That's the problem with 'personal' hate, I have never felt that, in my own case just a feeling of deep sadness which I try very hard to avoid and dismiss.
Otherwise your life is consumed by the past ......
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 10:12 AM

I am going to be a bit of a hypocrite here .
I agree with you and your statement .. it is so very true ..
Hatred to me is a disease .. once when you get it ..
their is no cure ...

On the other hand

My best friend's brother murdered his whole family
plus his friend and himself .. 7 people were killed ..
I have no hatred for him .. He was a really great person
before ..and if he was still alive ..I would be there for him ...For some reason, he just cracked ...
On the other hands
.... if I was his wives sister ...
I would hate him with a passion ..
He would have killed my father , sister , neice,and nephews ..
When you see innocence lives being destroy how do you not have hatred for that ..
The Isis chopping off peoples heads ..
Twins towers being destroy ..
Too me that is the devil world .. hatred is the devil world ..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 10:17 AM

Hate is a very destructive emotion, harbouring hate can make you physically ill . If you can't come to terms with someone or something it is best to avoid thinking about them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top