Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 09:22 PM

Re: Storm Warning

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
you mean flyabout

There's only a slight breeze here, nothing untoward. I think it will bypass us. And, I think it will just be drizzle later on tonight.

If you don't hear from me anymore - you'll know that wasn't the case
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We were supposed to get away with it Floydy, but we have just had a proper squall and the huge garden umbrella in one of the houses at the back has gone walkabout.
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
you mean flyabout
I remember one winter storm someone had one of those inflatable Santa Claus attached to their house which went walkies over the rooftops ... really, he did.
It was sad, he got run over after , and was left lying punctured in the road like roadkill.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We were supposed to get away with it Floydy, but we have just had a proper squall and the huge garden umbrella in one of the houses at the back has gone walkabout.
Maybe a gang of frogs have taken it, Swimmy?
Have you checked everywhere as it's no good saying it's gone walkabout when there may be a quite reasonable explanation. i.e. Asking the frogs first if they have taken it
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Maybe a gang of frogs have taken it, Swimmy?
Have you checked everywhere as it's no good saying it's gone walkabout when there may be a quite reasonable explanation. i.e. Asking the frogs first if they have taken it
Hi

No, I watched it Floydy.

I was at the kitchen sink, looking out when a sudden gust caught it and it slowly keeled over and started rolling across his garden.

It is a huge thing.

They have got the forecast for hereabouts so wrong this evening, it is absolutely hammering down now,
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:45 PM

Pouring with rain here just now - but strangely still !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:38 AM

It is quite windy here this morning, I had to be careful not to get blown over by sudden strong gusts on my morning walk.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

There's only a slight breeze here, nothing untoward. I think it will bypass us. And, I think it will just be drizzle later on tonight.

If you don't hear from me anymore - you'll know that wasn't the case
could have sworn I saw your house flying past mine last night, better send a search party out to Oz.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 09:16 AM

We have had a power cut this morning and a small branch has blown off one of my big trees.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 09:48 AM

I m about to attempt the walk into work, I drive but can never get a parking space near by. It might push me into work but I hope I don't get blown away!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 10:43 AM

Its quite windy here, but nothing too bad.
It's comfortably warm, but the sky is very grey and ominous looking, though everywhere is dry at the mo.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top