Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2012, 09:06 AM

Re: New thread for joyce.

Originally Posted by Jimbo ->
Good Morning all......Just getting ready for my trip up to the Hossie to visit Joyce.
What will I find today...........I could only get her to take a little icecream and a few sips of coffee yesterday.Oh and a sip of water.
I am taking in a spray dry shampoo so they can do her hair nice,
Jim I hope you find Joyce well this morning, take care.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2012, 09:19 AM

What a fine man you are Jim. I hope you are taking good care of yourself too.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2012, 10:47 AM

Take care Jim. Best wishes to you and Joyce.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2012, 12:31 PM

Hello James, my best wishes to you and Joyce today.

Do you think Joyce might enjoy a couple of strawberries with her ice cream and yoghurt, it's just a thought to encourage her to eat a bit more.

Take care....
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2012, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Do you think Joyce might enjoy a couple of strawberries with her ice cream and yoghurt, it's just a thought to encourage her to eat a bit more.

Take care....
Maybe mash them up - they will be easier for her to eat. Look after yourself Jim. I know its tiring visiting a hospital all day every day
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 12:50 AM

Cant get to sleep tonight.......keep seeing her face everywhere I look.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 01:22 AM

Maybe you should give yourself a break, Jim.
No one will think the less of you. Take some time for your self and go back to Joyce refreshed.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Maybe you should give yourself a break, Jim.
No one will think the less of you. Take some time for your self and go back to Joyce refreshed.
Cant give myself a break mesco m. Got to go and be by her side.
Getting myself ready now to go to the hossie,
Washed a nightdress last night and getting it dried on the radiators.
They are talking about taking her to another hospital.........in her state......the mind boggles.

I have some tinned strawberries and will mash one or two up and take them with me just like Mags suggested. Mix them up with the icecream or yoghurt.

James.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 07:27 AM

Jimbo it is hard watching and not really being able to help loved ones in their hour of need, my heart goes out to you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 02:55 PM

James, you are an inspiration in the way you are always there, looking to comfort Joyce. I hope you are looking after yourself as well by eating proper meals, you need to keep your strength up too.

Another thought for Joyce ..... does she like bananas? If so, take in a well ripened banana and mash that up for her, maybe add crushed biscuit crumbs to add sustenance.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top