Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 11:24 AM

Boy Forms Touching Bond With Tiny Sparrow

Siberian youngster Vadim Veligurov has formed an inseparable friendship with this tiny sparrow - after nursing it back to health.

Vadim, 12, found the small bird abandoned after she hatched in Dudinka, the administrative capital of the Taymyr Peninsula in northern Russia.

He took the chick to his grandmother's house in Minusinsk, 264 miles south of Russia's Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk, where he was spending his summer holidays.

After feeding and nurturing the bird back to health, Vadim resigned himself to having to set his feathered friend free.

But when the sad day came to release the wild sparrow, 'Abi' decided to stay with him instead of flying away.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/boy--12--fo...5.html#1L2NCz5

How nice to spot some 'nice' news

Some very touching photos of the two of them (love the head on shoulder one, really nice )
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 12:36 PM

Re: Boy Forms Touching Bond With Tiny Sparrow

Hubs had a similar experience with a little bird he rescued, I too have a pictures, one is the bird on his shoulder and one, with the bird in his hand and Hubs stroking the little fella ....
Loverly ......Ah
Nice pictures BTW .....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 02:24 PM

It's always heart-warming when different species become the best of friends.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 09:51 PM

Glad you liked it Pats and Alan - I'd scoured the Net looking for heart-warming stuff but it appears thin on the ground at the moment!

As you say though, when its different species, it is something very special.
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 10:41 PM

Very nice story.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 11:00 PM

A lovely story and well done to that little boy.
Gerry
Whitsundays,Queensland Australia
Gerry is male  Gerry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 11:05 PM

What a nice story and great photos. Should be more stories like that, but I guess good news does not sell newspapers.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 02:55 AM

When I was a little girl - I was about 8 - I found a little sparrow with a damaged wing.

I took him up to my bedroom and popped him into a little box and did my best to care for him, by bathing his wing. My mum didn't know I'd done this until a couple of days later and she told me that I couldn't keep him as he was a wild bird and needed freedom.

However, when she saw he had a poorly wing, she found worms and food for him until he grew stronger. Then the day came when mum told me I had to let him go, so I popped him onto the window ledge to let him fly, but he kept pecking on my window to come back in, but I had to let him go, and that was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. I've never forgotten him, and that was around 55 years ago now.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

04-09-2013, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Gerry ->
What a nice story and great photos. Should be more stories like that, but I guess good news does not sell newspapers.
Isn't that one of the saddest things - good news isn't worth reporting. News At Ten always finished on a lighthearted note with either good or funny news but then it stopped. Trevor McDonald tried to get it going again but it didn't take off; I wonder why?

I think the medical profession are right when they say that the news should carry a government health warning: might cause depression and a skewed view of the world!
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 07:03 PM

That is lovely

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top