Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 03:24 PM

Mouldy bathroom

My bathroom is developing dull red/brown mould on the grouting joints between the tiles, and other nooks & crannies as well
I've been cleaning it off with bleach and an old toothbrush. Does anyone know of an easier method, or some kind of spray?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 03:28 PM

Re: Mouldy bathroom

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
My bathroom is developing dull red/brown mould on the grouting joints between the tiles, and other nooks & crannies as well
I've been cleaning it off with bleach and an old toothbrush. Does anyone know of an easier method, or some kind of spray?
Open a window and leave it open 24/7 to let the moisture out and stop it from condensing on the tiles, and other surfaces
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 04:00 PM

Malcolm is right, it's all to do with ventilation.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 04:08 PM

I have that problem , and I use HG bathroom Mould Spray , bought it from B&Q, and it went in one application , it will probably come back again cause we chose not to have an extractor fan because of the noise from it . .
If you go for this spray be careful it dont get on your clothes ,it bleaches them
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 04:24 PM

My windows are open 24/7 all year round, I have an extractor fan, a foot away from the walk in shower, and I continually bleach the ceiling and the grouting joints.

However I was recommended a spray called LTP Grout and Tile protector, which you literally spray evenly over the whole tiled area (if its a shower/heavily wet area, spray three times, and so far so good,and that is supposed to be all you need, I did this in January.
its £10 a tin bought online.
you can spray it on your tiled floors to seal them aswell.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Malcolm is right, it's all to do with ventilation.
That's you and BC agreeing with me today....please stop it my street cred is in serious jeapordy here
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 04:29 PM

i notice there is mould on my ceiling and our window is open 24/7 never shut, can these sprays work on the ceiling which is painted as well as tiles ???
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
That's you and BC agreeing with me today....please stop it my street cred is in serious jeapordy here
I think you'll find its just gone up......agreement from the yoof is seen as cool.

If I agree with people I'll say so but I won't make a habit of it....just for you.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 04:57 PM

Of course, ventilation!

I leave the bathroom door ajar, but the window faces the prevailing wind so I tend to leave it shut. I must remember to leave it open and only shut it when I'm wet & naked.
It's a first floor flat, so it's limited to only opening a few inches, but I'm sure that will help

I'll also browse round a supermarket for some mould spray. I have general bathroom cleaner but I think I need something specifically for mould
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Welshie ->
i notice there is mould on my ceiling and our window is open 24/7 never shut, can these sprays work on the ceiling which is painted as well as tiles ???
Ive not used it on the ceiling not had any mould there and I think it would be Hazardous spraying , because it would fall back into your eyes and face .

I have a bathroom paint on the ceiling which is for steamy rooms , and perhaps the mould dont cling to it like it does on the grouting .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top