Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 08:10 PM

Re: Help required, Electrical.

I don't think shoving your hand in to see if all is well is good practice. Electricity is a heart stopper!

You haven't got a cat have you - dog? I get massive shocks after stroking either. I get static shocks off a lot of things - including the damn car at times. I get around it by first of all gripping the car door and then putting my foot down on solid ground instead of the other way around.

I would make enquiries at the place where you bought your kit from as it might not be all that uncommon - or Google it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 09:58 PM

Think you should take the advice of the Second post.

Just one question ---What are the fuses in your plugs....would think with something like that they would be 3 amp fuse

If you are using 13 amp fuses they might not blow with a fault on a low voltage unit.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 07:06 AM

Don't you just hate it when someone asks for help and advice on the forum, and good folks respond in a positive way and offer their advice and the original poster seems to just ignore the advice and leaves everyone guessing about the outcome ?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 07:08 AM

Malcolm Im sure SF will let us know how things have gone in good time
He's probably just been busy trying to sort it out possibly.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Don't you just hate it when someone asks for help and advice on the forum, and good folks respond in a positive way and offer their advice and the original poster seems to just ignore the advice and leaves everyone guessing about the outcome ?
Possibly the electric shock didn't do him a lot of good ?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 07:23 AM

Im an electrician, my advice is this, get someone in who is qualified to find the problem, water and electricity are a bad mix.

I kept tanks of fish for years (tropicals) equipment fails its not often too the eye that its turned faulty, stay safe and alive.

Or buy new kit and replace everything in the tank electrical and in time you can get the old kit tested to find the culprit then you have some spares.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 07:26 AM

Very good advice Nom ...better that than recieve a nasty shock
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 08:41 AM

Hi

First of all thanks for all the advice.

It is an intermittent problem, a right problem to trace.

All the fuses are correct, the equipment is double insulated.

Matty came round last night, a very good electrician, we could not find the problem.

I am away this afternoon, just hope that it does not happen again.

Thanks again for the help.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Sounds to me like a build of of static electricity on your clothes of shoes being discharged into the water through your fingertips.
If the charge were in the tank then your fish would be floating on the top of the water.
What about this ... have you checked it out ?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 06:34 PM

Have you removed the electric eel out of the tank?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top