Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 06:11 PM

Re: Swamped

I had a new kitchen fitted last year. The kitchen "components" took over my dining room for a month before the fitter could fit me in his schedule. That was bad enough, but then the old kitchen was gutted and it took 7 days before the hob and oven were fitted. Finally, I started replacing the kitchen "accessories" but I found I was replacing a lot of new for old so trips to the council recycling centre became a weekly occurrence.

The worst thing of all, though, is the incessant cleaning to keep the kitchen pristine - I'm told the urge wears off ..... eventually.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 06:41 PM

I'd just settle for a new kitchen floor. I have tiles and they never look clean, but I'm told that they either have to be removed or the floor screeded, quite a big job! I fancy that new vinyl, seen it down and looks really good.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 06:53 PM

Good on yer, OG. You'll love the new kitchen I'm sure.

If we do kitchens we always include(if needed)the rental of a container so the customer has storage and no clutter indoors.
Especially with older clients or large families.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

If we do kitchens we always include(if needed)the rental of a container so the customer has storage and no clutter indoors.

Ooh, that's a bloomin' good idea Tpin.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

Oooh Get you! I normally dump it all on their bed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
My new kitchen starts next Monday. Ever tried moving everything into other rooms when you live in a small bungalow? Just a tiny space for my computer surrounded by food and pots and pans. Thank goodness my freezer and fridge freezer are not in the kitchen.
Do you know if your cabinets will arrive flat packed or ready made?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh, that's a bloomin' good idea Tpin.
I disagree....it's just more money to pay out. There's something really special about living your life in a bungalow with pans, crockery and everything else in the kitchen in bedrooms, hallway, porch and loo.
Great for keeping fit

Enjoy the experience OG
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-08-2016, 08:57 AM

We are also looking at replacing our kitchen, probably next year but have started looking around. We saw one in Homebase which we quite liked until told that it would cost £25,000. After picking up my jaw, I asked the saleswoman if it was made of gold - she wasn't amused.

Apparently they now come ready made which is great in that it saves a lot of time but where the hell would I store them all?
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 09:02 PM

We just replaced the doors,far less upheaval,the units shouldn't didn't need replacing,unless they have been damaged in some way.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 09:18 PM

Its cheaper to eat out.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top