Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 08:56 PM

Re: Positive Input Ventilation

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Has Pesta got a lift as well as a loft in her bungalow then?
Haha I've edited it and duplicated in the process
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Thanks for your reply fender...yes, I've been reading up on NuAire ones. I've been through so many sites both for and against. Don't think the heat recovery is the one for me though and anyway, too expensive.

I've read up and watched a guy installing one on youtube. He covers a lot of questions but not the ones I have.

Yes please chuck...it'd be good if you know someone. As long as he doesn't shove my arm up my back to have one
I'll send you details at the w/e via pm.
Without seeing your property I can't really advise, but the heat recovery ones are a sensible option in some ways.

Sorry if that's a bit vague..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Haha I've edited it and duplicated in the process

It's that Duke, Tpin. Me thinks he got you a bit over-excited.

Enjoy your holiday.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's that Duke, Tpin. Me thinks he got you a bit over-excited.

Enjoy your holiday.
D of e doesn't get me excited.....I'm strictly heterosexual.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 09:43 PM

Fibber...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 09:47 PM

Oh . . . so I guess it's not true then?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 09:47 PM

The fan unit doesn't need to be in a loft - it can be fitted inside a cupboard or on a spare outside wall and boxed in but with access for filter changes etc.

A cheaper option would be a constant flow ventilator like those fitted in the newer larger dwellings as standard. These fans run 24/7 at a slow speed and are low-wattage so don't use much electricity. A `booster` switch can be installed at a suitable location which, when used, will increase the speed of the fan (when using a shower for example). Insulated ducts are run from rooms with the most ventilation problems like bathrooms and kitchens and to the unit and a vent run to outside. A series of baffles within the unit prevents air from outside from getting in.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

13-10-2016, 09:56 PM

Judd
Do you rate them or. Do you think there are better alternatives for a 70s bungalow?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I'll send you details at the w/e via pm.
Without seeing your property I can't really advise, but the heat recovery ones are a sensible option in some ways.

Sorry if that's a bit vague..
No worries, thanks chuck
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The fan unit doesn't need to be in a loft - it can be fitted inside a cupboard or on a spare outside wall and boxed in but with access for filter changes etc.

A cheaper option would be a constant flow ventilator like those fitted in the newer larger dwellings as standard. These fans run 24/7 at a slow speed and are low-wattage so don't use much electricity. A `booster` switch can be installed at a suitable location which, when used, will increase the speed of the fan (when using a shower for example). Insulated ducts are run from rooms with the most ventilation problems like bathrooms and kitchens and to the unit and a vent run to outside. A series of baffles within the unit prevents air from outside from getting in.
Oh dear...now I'm confused again.

It's called a constant flow vent then? Will have to read up on that Judd, thanks.

Just thought though...does it let in fresh air?

And, you say it's usually for new properties - I've read about those and I'm sure opening windows makes it useless or less efficient?

I've a 60s bungalow T pin not a 70s

Edited to add:

I read up on the NuAire Flatmaster, the one to put on an outside wall for apartments etc....is that the one you meant in your 1st paragraph Judd?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top