Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 07:23 PM

Re: This Stinks

Barry I do have an answer to the present unemployment problem, but given the complexion of the present Government it is unlikely to be implemented and could be 'very financially painful' for some, so I haven't bothered to put my scheme in print.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 07:44 PM

Plantman it was you who turned this into a political thread, by saying :---- [Quote]I thought I'd re-open this thread now that all the facts are known. The scaremongers and left wing rabble who have put the boot into this scheme should be ashamed of themselves, they have done nothing but a disservice to the young unemployed of this country.

Nobody had mentioned Left wing or right wing till then, so let's have it right.

Your post was designed to exactly what it did, and you know that.

I want an answer to this problem but the only answer is to get rid of this rabble, run by tweedle dum and tweedle dee, they are a joke.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 08:01 PM

So whom do you think could do the job well then!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
So whom do you think could do the job well then!
I don't know, if the Tories can only find young men like this with very little experience it is a poor show.
The are lacking the elder statesman type character.
I thought Blair was the wrong bloke to lead the Labour party, but he proved me wrong, when he took them through three terms of government.
Just one thing you have to remember the Tories didn't win the last election, they are there by default, if the Lib/Dems had the guts and stood alone this last shower wouldn't have happened.
Perhaps it is time for all the parties to get together and sort it, I don't know, do you?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->

I want an answer to this problem but the only answer is to get rid of this rabble, run by tweedle dum and tweedle dee, they are a joke.
So what is your strategy, throw a few more billions at it? That's the only thing Labour ever did and look where that got us!

I agree with you though that the present lot are a shambles in many ways, but are they any worse than the last lot that bankrupted us in the first place and allowed unfettered immigration to destroy the labour market?

It's time we sought solutions to the unemployment problems caused by years of appalling Labour maladministration now. You can vote the government out in three years, no problem, but that won't help today's school leavers.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 09:30 PM

Don't forget we are in a World recession and I believe the Banks and America are largely responsible for the unhappy situation we are in at the moment. America will not fall as far as we will though because they have the scope and resources.

Jobs for the young have been getting more and more difficult each year. Neither the Conservatives or Labour administrations have been able to do a lot about it in real terms. Some of the reasons for this, I believe, are that we have lost our manufacturing base, new technologies have been introduced and what manufacturing we have left is automated and does not need the actual manpower anymore. Also, China, India and others have come into the playground and because their labour is cheap and expensible they can produce far more cheaply than anyone else. The majority of countries are unable to compete and contracts go to these emerging countries. Hardly anything is totally made in this country anymore. For a while we "sold" our expertise - but as time has moved on it is more and more difficult to do this or excell at anything - even our knowledge base is not what it was.
All these things do not help our children into jobs. If we "oldies" are having to work longer because we are living longer and the government or resources we have cannot afford retirement costs, how can the young ones "step into our shoes" - we are still in them. It is a different workforce today - much reduced, but there are still as many (if not more) people needing a job. The real jobs have gone and what we have left are shops full of imported goods. This way of living doesn't create any wealth for our country. We have mothballed what is left of any mineral wealth and we have little to sell to the World, we can't compete, so nobody makes anything in this country anymore. Agriculture is also highly mechanised and farms don't need the manpower. It would be unthinkable that our young people found themselves working like many young do in China, India and elsewhere. Would anyone stand for that? We are a small country and our resources are becoming insufficient to support the numbers of people living here and we cannot support the livestyle we have been used to but our expectations are still high. The elite will survive, but I think the divide between ones who have wealth and those who have not will get wider and wider - whether under this government or another. I don't think anyone has a solution - but the wealthy will not share what they have that I do know.
If we could reduce our population would that work?

Just turn out the lights please when you leave the country.

PS: There is a programme just coming on BBC about affording children. Raising Britain its titled.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2012, 10:32 AM

Another very thoughtful post Rena, and whilst I would disagree with some of your points the fact remains that we are where we are and have to deal with the world as it is regardless.

I do believe that there is a tendency (me included), to discount or rubbish a good idea because the opposition thought of it, but we do need to overcome that attitude and try to give things a chance to work.

Your comment regarding population reduction is also very valid and something that really ought to be addressed, so I think I might start a new thread on that subject later today..

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top