Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 08:39 PM

Re: England's Cricket Team

What was it Viv Richards said." class is permanent,form is temporary" if Cook were to be relieved of the captaincy then I'm sure his class will show again.Peterson was more interested in himself than the team.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 07:03 AM

Just to add that cricket is a hard game. Even at the lowest level; twice a broken finger,a split webbing and now knackered knees.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Just to add that cricket is a hard game. Even at the lowest level; twice a broken finger,a split webbing and now knackered knees.
Poor catching technique? knackered knee's? wicket keeper?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Poor catching technique? knackered knee's? wicket keeper?
I remember hearing Beefy Botham say that when he found it hard to crawl out of bed every morning because of aches and pains he realised he had to stop playing. It is a dreaded day but one that all of us have to recognise.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 05:41 PM

First broken finger-sheesh that was fast,second broken finger-every bowler tries to get a C&B. Split webbing-fielding close and diving saves a four you end up in A&E. The knees? going on trying to be left arm inswing well after my best by date.
caricature
Devon,England.

27-07-2014, 11:42 AM

I remember taking a catch stood at short mid off,the batsman gave it a fair old wack and it didn't half hurt even though I caught it smack in the middle of my hands,so can well understand having fingers and the webbing split.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

27-07-2014, 03:17 PM

Broken fingers hurt but re the split webbing I didn`t feel a thing. I got up threw the ball back to the wicket keeper and then noticed blood on my trousers and boots. Ended up with four stitches
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

02-08-2014, 08:01 AM

England win,James Andersen in the clear-looking hopeful.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top