Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 07:07 PM

Re: Atrial Fibrillation

Originally Posted by Bird ->
I'm hoping the aspirin will see me OK for a good while yet. I can live without the dark greens but can't say I'm keen on the blood tests, once a year is enough for me !!
Don't be soft, it's only a pin prick in your thumb.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 07:19 PM

Nooooo ....... they take it from my arm and I can't watch. Yep, I am soft lol !!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 07:20 PM

My husband was been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation a few months ago and he has reacted badly to most of the tablets he's been given. He is now taking Losartan... and this week his GP has also put him on Rivaroxaban instead of Warfarin. He also takes Simvastatin in the evening.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 07:22 PM

In the anti coagulant clinics it's just the clicker in the thumb, Bird.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bird ->
Nooooo ....... they take it from my arm and I can't watch. Yep, I am soft lol !!

Val darlin' - that used to be the case, I had to go every week and give an armful of blood (think Tony Hancock), but nowadays they use a devise very similar to to those they use for diabetics and its just a small pinprick, a drop of blood onto the strip which is inserted in the machine and Voila!!! - 30 seconds later the result comes back telling you what your INR level is, from that the nurse can tell you how much Warfarin to take - the whole thing takes less than 5 minutes - honest.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 08:09 AM

I can vouch for that-you hardly feel it. And once your INR is around 2.3/2.5 it`s only once every few weeks.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 09:53 AM

Thanks for the reassurance folks, I'm hoping it'll be a while before I need warfarin. I think the aspirin is controlling it ok at the moment I'm pleased to say.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 04:19 PM

My hubby has atrial fibrillation and has been on Warfarin for about 10 years. Yes, certain foods are a no-no and he has to have regular blood tests (about every 6 weeks) to test the amount of time it takes his blood to clot. He has been fine since being on the Warfarin.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top