Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:04 AM

Re: My Week.

Hi

I have no intention of dying anytime soon, in spite of the NHS.

My next 8 years will be a blast, after that age will take it's toll.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have no intention of dying anytime soon, in spite of the NHS.

My next 8 years will be a blast, after that age will take it's toll.
None of us can plan when we die, at least not without breaking the law, so maybe we should just try to enjoy every day! I don't understand how you can do that when you are looking for somebody to blame or seeking revenge.

I have just read about your desire to punish one of Scargill's men, for something they did over 30 years ago. Surely thoughts of wanting revenge, even though what they did was awful, is not helping you to have positive thoughts on your current health problems?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:46 AM

Swimmy that list does sound daunting I hate hospitals and try to avoid them at all costs.

Just tell yourself the visits are a 'means to an end' and won't last forever. You should be a whole lot better for the treatment
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It must be somewhere.

It is over 40 years ago.

The effect of Vitamin K on the reproductive cycle of
Rattus Norvegicus.
If my latin serves me well that is the Norway Rat aka Brown or Common rat. So - where should I look for your paper on this?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 09:14 AM

Sounds a bit of a trial Swims, but good luck with it all anyway ...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
If my latin serves me well that is the Norway Rat aka Brown or Common rat. So - where should I look for your paper on this?

Yes, I think you're right Tabs.

I know when my husband and I took over the in-laws farm, we inherited a terrible rat problem there. Blasted things were everywhere.
One of them bit one of my German Shepherds once. My big gentle dog was howling hysterically, because a damned rat was hanging off thye side of his nose and wouldn't let go!
I had to get him to the vets quick because his poor nose was pouring blood! I hate the things.

Before I started breeding all my birds, I had to have a good clear out, and got a bait contractor in.
It was him that told me that the Vit.K in the hen food antidotes the rat bait.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Hi

Leeds Beckett University, or as it then was, Leeds Poly.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-05-2018, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I think you're right Tabs.

I know when my husband and I took over the in-laws farm, we inherited a terrible rat problem there. Blasted things were everywhere.
One of them bit one of my German Shepherds once. My big gentle dog was howling hysterically, because a damned rat was hanging off thye side of his nose and wouldn't let go!
I had to get him to the vets quick because his poor nose was pouring blood! I hate the things.

Before I started breeding all my birds, I had to have a good clear out, and got a bait contractor in.
It was him that told me that the Vit.K in the hen food antidotes the rat bait.
Hi

Spot on Mups.

Rats mate immediately after giving birth, Warfarin made them bleed to death after a trauma like giving birth.

High levels of Vitamin K in their diet prevents this from happening.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-05-2018, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
None of us can plan when we die, at least not without breaking the law, so maybe we should just try to enjoy every day! I don't understand how you can do that when you are looking for somebody to blame or seeking revenge.

I have just read about your desire to punish one of Scargill's men, for something they did over 30 years ago. Surely thoughts of wanting revenge, even though what they did was awful, is not helping you to have positive thoughts on your current health problems?
Hi

We can accept that as we get older we are able to do less.

I want to keep going until I am 75, after that I will accept that I will have to slow down.

There is no way at all that I am going into a Care Home, it is not the quality of life that I want.

Just my choice and my decision.

If I cannot travel and cannot fish that is no life for me.

I am not going to end my life dribbling and having my bum wiped.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-05-2018, 05:22 PM

Hi

Now we are back on track, an update.

One of my appointments next week has been cancelled, they did the tests today.

I have an impaired renal function, a side effect of one of the medications that I am on.

It is not disastrous, it can be reversed and it accounts for why I am so tired at the moment, I am not getting rid of the toxins.

I cannot immediately stop the medication, it has to be done slowly over the next two weeks.

My blood pressure has dropped significantly, even after halving the medication.

All in all, not too bad.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top