Join for free
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 01:29 AM

Finally, a decent supermarket radio song

Went to get some shopping yesterday and for the first time heard a decent song being played! Only took a few seconds to realise which one it was, even though I've not heard it for years.

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 08:02 AM

Re: Finally, a decent supermarket radio song

Ive noticed my local supermarket ( Morrisons ) started playing more up to date tracks last year, and some quite surprised me. So much better than the usual bland muzak type elevator that they used to play.

Even the Christmas music was a change from norm.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 09:49 AM

Now what was wrong with the good old soothing piped music!

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 11:24 AM

My youngest son works for Morrisons on night shift and always on pay day their music in the store at night is about money lol and in the mornings its about "here comes the sun" and sunrise songs lol this made me chuckle
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 11:42 AM

I have left shops, unable to purchase the object of my desire, because of hellish piped music.
—Joanna Lumley

PIped water, piped electricity, piped gas - but never piped music!
—Stephen Fry
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->

I have left shops, unable to purchase the object of my desire, because of hellish piped music.
—Joanna Lumley

PIped water, piped electricity, piped gas - but never piped music!
—Stephen Fry
I agree with Joanna Lumley.
Everywhere you go, shops, pubs, restaurants, even in my local doctor's surgery, there is some crap MUZAK going on, and usually far too loud.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the MUSIC I like which I happily play at home.
While in the above, I want just the normal noise people make talking or whatever in the background so you get the ambiance of where you are.
BUT, I certainly don't want to hear the lousy choice shops make most of the time.
I mean.
They NEVER play Bing Crosby or Vera Lynn now.
Do they!?!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top