Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 02:51 PM

News that made me cry.

Adoptive father kills baby. This is a story with a twist - the poor baby had 2 daddies!

I have just watched this on the lunchtime news and feel such hatred for this man. I hope he gets lynched inside prison.

All the checks that social services must have done on these 2 men before they were allowed to adopt and what for? So one of them could kill her just a few weeks later!!!

Social services should be taken to task for saying this man was fit to adopt. I wonder if his husband will stand by him?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-41889108
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 02:54 PM

Re: News that made me cry.

That is one sick person!
Shaken so badly it resembled a car crash - Bring back the death sentence!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 03:14 PM

Awful but I wonder why his husband didn't act ? If i got texts calling a baby those names I hope I would go straight home and not let the man near the baby.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 03:22 PM

I heard this earlier. Very sad.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 04:04 PM

I have just seen this tragic story on the news.
It's heartbreaking to think of this little girl's short tragic life. From what I read, she was taken from her Mother not long after her birth and placed in care of child protection services, then presumably placed with foster parents for 6 months or more, until being placed for adoption with the man who ended up hurting her several times and eventually killed her. Doubly tragic.

I'm sure this couple will have had all the usual careful checks before being accepted as adoptive parents. I believe this couple already had one adopted child before they adopted this little girl, so the house-husband must have already shown he could cope with the first child while his partner was out at work - perhaps the first child was a bit older and past the baby stage when they first adopted him, so the man's inability to cope with a crying baby and his inability to control his temper under that pressure had never been realised before.
No excuse, of course.
He obviously knew for some time he was struggling to cope and after the first time he lost his temper with her, he must have realised he was putting this vulnerable little baby at risk. He could and should have contacted his adoption social worker and asked for some help.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 04:10 PM

I hope he likes solitary live as that is his only chance of getting out of prison alive. Hopefully some will get to him to organise a nasty accident that nobody will have witnessed. It will have to be something that could have happened without help and no recriminations on prison staff.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 04:17 PM

Hi

I simply cannot get my head around how anyone could harm a child.

It is our job to protect them and look after them.

Throw away the key time.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 04:31 PM

It's a sad fact that although mothers do hurt their children too most grievous injury to small children is done by men who are not their biological fathers .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I simply cannot get my head around how anyone could harm a child.

It is our job to protect them and look after them.

Throw away the key time.
When you foster or adopt outside of family it can be hard to get that bond you need that allows you to lose sleep or put up with things a natural parent will. I know a few occasions with the boys and they were family we wondered if we'd done the right thing. Never hurt them never would but at midnight child screaming you aren't my mum of dad it can be difficult to love them fully. Light of day and they are being angels whole different ball game.

What happened here should never be allowed to happen. Fostering they get help sadly adoption once those papers are signed that's it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's a sad fact that although mothers do hurt their children too most grievous injury to small children is done by men who are not their biological fathers .
Hi

That may well be true Muddy.

However there are many men,who like me, who would not ever dream of harming any child.

We are not all monsters.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top