Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 11:35 PM

Black Alert

We have five hospitals on Black Alert in this area!
They are overwhelmed with patients and are asking people not to go to A&E .
Heaven help us!

http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2...n-black-alert/
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 11:42 PM

Re: Black Alert

Tessa we have the same situation here and people being asked not to visit hospital patients because Norovirus is around .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
We have five hospitals on Black Alert in this area!
They are overwhelmed with patients and are asking people not to go to A&E .
Heaven help us!

http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2...n-black-alert/
....and three of those are in Bristol! My husband had to wait almost 5 hours to be seen last year .... by the time it was his turn he was told he needed an x-ray but the x-ray department had closed an hour earlier. He had to struggle back in the following day for his x-ray
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 12:22 AM

My neighbour was sent home after going in with heart failure, his wife called an ambulance and they took him back in.
I think our nearest would be Musgrove in Taunton if they're still taking people. That's a very long way!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Tessa we have the same situation here and people being asked not to visit hospital patients because Norovirus is around .

I believe they said the same about Northampton General the other day too.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 06:20 AM

We have a government that thinks money is more important than people. Those that can pay will be looked after.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

06-01-2016, 09:55 AM

If those that could pay, did, it might help a bit, yes I know they pay NI, but perhaps that could go up a bit too.
Hopefully, those that can afford it will go private because of this emergency measure.
Luckily we have a maternity hospital that has a minor injuries dept. but only out of hours.
How is your husband Mags?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 10:53 AM

This isn't helped by people being sent there by the helplines, we had a minor problem the other day just needed advice, rang the helpline to be told A@E straight away, didn't seem necessary so we popped into walk in centre where lovely nurse gave us advice and we didn't need A@E at all. I can't imagine we are alone in that experience.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 11:05 AM

My granddaughter just qualified as a nurse and got a job straight away in
A&E at a large and very busy hospital. Straight in at the deep end ! I know National Health Contributions are a universal payment for universal benefit but you often hear of very rich people being treated on the NHS. Is it right?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by countrygirl ->
My granddaughter just qualified as a nurse and got a job straight away in
A&E at a large and very busy hospital. Straight in at the deep end ! I know National Health Contributions are a universal payment for universal benefit but you often hear of very rich people being treated on the NHS. Is it right?
Imo NO I dont think this is right...nowadays with the NHS in the state its in I think if you can afford to pay private then you should !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top