Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 06:04 PM

Re: Help Please! My Energy Tariff Is Coming To The End Soon

Originally Posted by Barry ->
In other words then you chickened out....
Barry, l'm a relieved chicken!
It was constantly on my mind and the days were passing by to the deadline!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
All this "switching" business can be extremely tedious but if your savings (in total) can be counted in hundreds then it's worth it .....

Try again next year .....
Omah, The time to stay or to switch, soon comes round again!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Omah, The time to stay or to switch, soon comes round again!
I don't know why but "to stay or to switch" immediately reminded me of:

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 09:50 AM

It's annoying when you tell them you found a better deal so they match it, why don't they just give the best deal in the first place..... Glad you are fixed up Arty
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2017, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It's annoying when you tell them you found a better deal so they match it, why don't they just give the best deal in the first place..... Glad you are fixed up Arty
Thank You! summer. It's a relief to have got it sorted!

I can't understand why they have to be so competitive? There are so many big and obscure companies all offfering different prices for something that is essential in our lives!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 11:21 AM

Ironically I've had notification this morning of my present deal coming to an end, after which they were going to put the tariffs up by around 30% !

I immediately went to uswitch.com, put my details in and got an offer of a fixed term deal from Npower amongst others, which is even better than my present one that's coming to an end, so I have now switched. Just pressed the confirm button and that's it apart from a final meter reading in a few weeks time. How easy can it be, excellent result...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
An update!

After much head banging and brain at saturation point, l have decided to stay with Scottish Power. I rang them again today and they quoted a lower monthly payment, lower than the figure a few days ago!

I went onto the various sites recommended in this thread but they quoted, either around the same that l had been quoted by Scottish Power, or higher.

I looked at OVO but their monthly payment was £15 more a month than l will be paying Scottish Power.

l said, Yes, to Scottish Power as l just wanted my head to be free of all the different permutations and get back to normality!

Thank You all, for your help and advice.
The important thing is the tariff, not the monthly payment.

In my experience, you can agree to make whatever monthly payment you wish, within reason of course.

For example, although I am on a specific tariff with British Gas, I thought I was paying too much on my monthly direct debit and my credit was building up! I telephoned them and asked them to lower the direct debit payment, which they did. They also refunded me an overpayment of over £500!

Obviously, you need to keep an eye on your statements to see whether your regular payments are meeting the usage figures. However, the important figure for comparison of different suppliers is the tariff offered by each.

There will also be other considerations such as tie-in times and 'discount offers', etc.

The MoneySavingExpert.com Cheap Energy Club web site compares all of this and automatically works out all the financial implications for you.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 04:43 PM

Ironically I've had notification this morning of my present deal coming to an end, after which they were going to put the tariffs up by around 30% !

I immediately went to uswitch.com, put my details in and got an offer of a fixed term deal from Npower amongst others, which is even better than my present one that's coming to an end, so I have now switched. Just pressed the confirm button and that's it apart from a final meter reading in a few weeks time. How easy can it be, excellent result...
Sorry to tell you this but Npower have terrible customer service. My son-in-law used to work for them in accounts, got made redundant. He helped me switch to a good deal with First Utility.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 06:00 PM

Of course. Switching is very easy indeed, and I don't understand why everyone doesn't do this at the end of their agreed term.

In effect, it is simply forcing the suppliers to compete. If you stick with them, they just take full advantage of you.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Sorry to tell you this but Npower have terrible customer service. My son-in-law used to work for them in accounts, got made redundant. He helped me switch to a good deal with First Utility.
Yes I've read the reviews but they are improving of late I believe. Having said that I was once with Scottish Power and the Ombudsman had to sort my bills out when I was with them, so Npower can't possibly be as bad...... can they... ? ...

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top