Join for free
Page 120 of 190 « First < 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 12:28 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Glad you're enjoying your break and eating well, Bob .... enjoy the shopping
Thanks Mags, blimey you're up late....I'm bushed now so turning in for the night after being whooped at cards by everyone but the hotel cat...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 01:41 PM

I am glad you are having a lovely time.
I like Norfolk.
I expect you and the Mrs are out shopping as I post.
I will pop back and see how much money you spent shopping
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 12:35 AM

Thanks Sweetie Pie, you were right, we have been out shopping most of the day and sorry I missed you. I haven't spent as much as I could have done. Had a wander round 'John Lewis' this morning and realised two things; The first is that everything I buy in John Lewis's, I can buy exactly the same in Debenhams but for half the price. And the second thing is; after having someone demonstrate all the latest sound equipment using a smart phone or tablet to control it, I realised just how 'out of touch' I now am with electronics.... When did they stop making cassette players?....

Well it's home time tomorrow and it seems to have come around so soon. So with just a last visit to the Cathedral and the purchase of a book that I should have bought today (something about Budism and how to relax...No seriously) we should be on the road by noon. Oh, and did I tell you about the enormous remote control spider I bought - should have some fun with that........See you tomorrow at t'other end, bye for now......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 03:26 PM

You will be traveling home as I write Mr Fox.
I wish you and Mrs Fox a safe journey.
It is true about 'John Lewis', but nothing wrong with browsing, even if you are on a price compare.
I am the same with all the latest gadgets, and I hate it when assistants try the hard sell approach.

Remote control spider! That sounds like fun. I have a phobia about rats, my friend bought a remote control rat!!!!! I nearly wet my.........

See you later.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 04:32 PM

Forever playing catch up in the UK world, I am thinking, "Who is John Lewis?" . Ouch, some of those prices are prohibitive.

Likewise, I had enjoyable few days away from home doing some Christmas shopping that always lends itself to an air of interest and festivity. I suppose it is the modern day verson of traveling the Silk Road, finding fascination with items that are surely in my own area, but seem rare and greater-prized having been bought a good distance from home. Thankfully I am not inclined to shop often, preferring activity over spending, but it was the first time I've been shopping at any length in several years, and I was utterly fascinated.

The Apple store had people nearly out the door, and I realize that the shift in fashion has me looking like something out of 1990. As such, there was money spent - and not just on Christmas gifts for others ! Work hard spend hard...that how the saying goes, right ? Actually, it wasn't that bad, but adventuring to a few undiscovered museums, boutiques, and bistros was enjoyable and the company of my daughter was just what the doctor ordered.

OGF, I hope you, Mrs. Fox, and all of your packages arrived home safely, and there is enough money left over for your next pair of running shoes. Cheers!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-12-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You will be traveling home as I write Mr Fox.
I wish you and Mrs Fox a safe journey.
It is true about 'John Lewis', but nothing wrong with browsing, even if you are on a price compare.
I am the same with all the latest gadgets, and I hate it when assistants try the hard sell approach.

Remote control spider! That sounds like fun. I have a phobia about rats, my friend bought a remote control rat!!!!! I nearly wet my.........

See you later.
Thanks Sweetie Pie, we made it home safely thank you, although we had planned to visit the Cathedral before we left but unfortunately it was teeming down with rain, so we decided to make a run for it.

I have just got the spider working and tried it out on Maddie the cat, she was not impressed and gave it a wide berth. It will be the daughters turn on Sunday and I dare say the outcome will the same as yours (moist undergarments).......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-12-2017, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Forever playing catch up in the UK world, I am thinking, "Who is John Lewis?" . Ouch, some of those prices are prohibitive.

Likewise, I had enjoyable few days away from home doing some Christmas shopping that always lends itself to an air of interest and festivity. I suppose it is the modern day verson of traveling the Silk Road, finding fascination with items that are surely in my own area, but seem rare and greater-prized having been bought a good distance from home. Thankfully I am not inclined to shop often, preferring activity over spending, but it was the first time I've been shopping at any length in several years, and I was utterly fascinated.

The Apple store had people nearly out the door, and I realize that the shift in fashion has me looking like something out of 1990. As such, there was money spent - and not just on Christmas gifts for others ! Work hard spend hard...that how the saying goes, right ? Actually, it wasn't that bad, but adventuring to a few undiscovered museums, boutiques, and bistros was enjoyable and the company of my daughter was just what the doctor ordered.

OGF, I hope you, Mrs. Fox, and all of your packages arrived home safely, and there is enough money left over for your next pair of running shoes. Cheers!
Excellent news about your daughter Surfermom, and glad to hear you survived the long drive - A marathon undertaking, even by my standards as a retired courier. And Yes it's the same here, the Apple store is always packed to the rafters when others close by are deserted. It's a surprising fact that I can run pretty much all day at a steady pace, but after just two hours of shuffling around the shops my eyes are searching for that magic word 'Cafe' for a welcome seat and a cup of tea.

I have been running in the same make and model of shoe for a number of years now - If a shoe has proved it's worth, I see no reason to upset the rhythm - So because they have become as scarce as hens teeth I'm always on the lookout for a new pair of same, and I found them, unfortunately not in my size, but I was assured by the assistant that being just a half size smaller, they would soon 'Run In' So I suggested that he ran in them until my next visit to Norwich and then I could see if they fit any better....

I totally agree with you when you say you prefer 'Activity over Spending' I didn't used to mind trundling round the shops following Mrs Fox around like some obedient puppy providing the muscle for the ever increasing number of bags, but these days I seem to have acquired a thirst for knowledge and activity, either burying my head in a book at one of the bookshops (such a relaxing ambience) wandering round the halls of some gallery or museum, or just going for a run or walk. How priorities change.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-12-2017, 01:47 PM

Glad you are home safely Mr and Mrs Fox.
Such a shame about the Cathedral.
I want to hear about your naughty antics with that spider you know.
It made me laugh that you couldn't fool your cat.
I reckon you may have snow, we have sun - so there.
I will see you later.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-12-2017, 11:12 AM

Thanks Sweetie Pie, but we get very little snow in our neck of the woods even though we are 'Up North' The sun is streaming through the window as I write this, but a very cold North Westerly plunges needles into any skin that is uncovered - Face, hands and legs if you prefer to run in shorts as I do...

Didn't leave the house yesterday except to stock up on a few supplies and run a swift eight miler first thing, so I caught up with some recordings of Coronation Street, Master Chef and Robot Wars. Off out for lunch now and if we're not too late back, I'll break out the ladder and put up some Christmas Lights....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

09-12-2017, 01:53 PM

I have decided to give you a pet name - Fit Fox.
It suits you, and I often give forum friends different names, as you may have read, Surfermom is Surferbabe, Longdogs is Longlegs and so on.

You and your lovely wifey are like us, record loads then catch up.
Skip the ads is a bonus.

Be careful climbing that ladder.

Page 120 of 190 « First < 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top