Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 02:21 PM

Strangled his own dog !

Lord Heseltine Admits Killing His Mother’s Alsatian With His Bare Hands
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016..._12746098.html

This is barbaric the poor dog may have been ill, my old Ben bit my husband once took him to the vet and he had a bladder infection that was easily cured with antibiotics. He went on to be his usual happy self for 5 more years never showing any sign of aggression again.

This isn't party political I'd say the same if a communist or left winger did it. It animal welfare concern.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 02:35 PM

Re: Strangled his own dog !

I would do serious damage to a dog which tried to bite me!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 03:58 PM

Does not surprise me one bit, that man has always been an evil sort, he learned it at school. Mind you he is denying it, says it is a shaggy dog story! https://www.theguardian.com/politics...h-kim-alsatian
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Does not surprise me one bit, that man has always been an evil sort, he learned it at school. Mind you he is denying it, says it is a shaggy dog story! https://www.theguardian.com/politics...h-kim-alsatian
But the dog tried to bite him, he had to restrain it somehow, it was a German Shepherd; it could have done him serious damage!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 04:11 PM

Wicked old b****rd.

If one of my normally loving dogs suddenly tried to bite me, I would be straightaway want to find out why. If it was totally out of character I would be very concerned.
It wouldn't even enter my head to strangle it? The man's got mental problems. God help his missus if she ever slapped him!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

01-11-2016, 04:13 PM

Well RSPCA have got more sense than to take the matter any further!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 04:14 PM

Only because it's a case more than three years old, they don't like investigating anything not current.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

01-11-2016, 04:21 PM

So if a dog the size of a German shepherd attacked you, would you pat it on the head and ask what problems the poor animal has? You could wind up in hospital or worse!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
So if a dog the size of a German shepherd attacked you, would you pat it on the head and ask what problems the poor animal has? You could wind up in hospital or worse!

I think you may be getting a bit carried away here.
There is a whole world of difference between an irritable 'nip' and a full blown 'tear your throat out' type attack.

If that dog was pure evil and truly meant harm, he'd have made a much better job of it than he did.
I also happen to know for a fact, that GSD's are one of the most loyal dogs in existence if they are treated right.

We know nothing whatsoever of the relationship between that man and the dog, and never will as he is hardly likely to tell the truth.

Regardless of how Hestletine sees it, my money would be it was done out of pure temper and contempt, nothing to do with concern for the dog whatsoever.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 04:31 PM

That was my very first thought Julie - the dog could have had toothache or anything.

I loathe these sadistic barbarians that use the "it was the victim's fault".

What a very very nasty man.

Sorry edited to say I agree with Mups too - I believe it was a temper tantrum by horrible Heseltine.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Lord Heseltine Admits Killing His Mother’s Alsatian With His Bare Hands
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016..._12746098.html

This is barbaric the poor dog may have been ill, my old Ben bit my husband once took him to the vet and he had a bladder infection that was easily cured with antibiotics. He went on to be his usual happy self for 5 more years never showing any sign of aggression again.

This isn't party political I'd say the same if a communist or left winger did it. It animal welfare concern.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top