Join for free
Page 407 of 1676 « First < 307 357 397 405 406 407 408 409 417 457 507 907 1407 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 09:29 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

The coat of arms really made me laugh Sweetie, what a beautiful imagination you’ve got there, I love it.

I’ll tell you a true story.
When I was in my thirties I wanted to make a signet ring for my dad and engrave the family coat of arms on it, no searching the internet back then but I finally found it in the National Library, I had to sit there and draw it out.
Now I know I like a drink but I’m no dipso, guess what was on the coat of arms? A shield with a sheaf of wheat and underneath THREE FISHES! “Typical” said the missus when I showed it to her.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 09:31 PM

When I was 21 it was a very good year
Although I can’t remember where I where
But it was a very good year

When I was 32 me hair turned blue
And I got the flu when I was 32

When I was 4 nought
I had learned to snort and the world was tort
When I was 4 nought

When I was 55 I became alive
Again and again when I was 55 then

When I was 66 I had learnt to ‘fix’
Me and the wife where in such strife
When I used to ‘fix’

Now that I’m 70 some
I can count the sum of being a bum
Now that I’m 70 some!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 09:39 PM

Now I know I like a drink but I’m no dipso, guess what was on the coat of arms? A shield with a sheaf of wheat and underneath THREE FISHES! “Typical” said the missus when I showed it to her
does that mean you are often "three sheafs to the wheat, and get 'fished' a lot??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-12-2017, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
PHFFFT!
Tha's the trouble with you colonies-y'just can't take the elements.

I just went to collect some coal,as I've run out of peasants to burn-and on arriving back at Casa Pug,I am DEFINITELY moist!

But,do ya hear me complaining? HMM?

Bluddyrytchadon't!

One's collar is decidedly dampened,as is one's 'barnet'...but bwavely,I suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous weather-without complaint. Well-it's ALMOST snowing,anyway-that counts!

Oh-and,young gumbud,we are NOT a 'little island' - we are,in fact,an EXCLUSIVE island! HMMPH!!!
yes you definitely all need excluding - oh yes I forgot you've done that already with a brexit!

humph burning peasants when I was a kid we were peasants and were always so wet and damp could never set us alight!

and let me tell yuz all when you have to deal with bloody six foot wallabies hopin about in ya front garden and blue tongued lizards the size of galapados island giant lizards and seven foot snakes eatin all ya pets then ya know ya got problems - now where did I put that bottle of bourbon or two??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
does that mean you are often "three sheafs to the wheat, and get 'fished' a lot??
I researched the history of it and it seems we are a very very olde family, about two thousand years ago one of my ancestors was among the throng when Jesus preached on the mount (never knew Jesus rode a horse) anyway my ancestor was greedy and when the loaves and fishes were gettin’ gave out he snatched three of them, but he was too late for the bread, he came back from the holy land, he was only over there on a holiday in the first place, ever since that day he was known as Mickey Three Fishes, the sheaf of wheat was added to the crest to remind his descendants that one always kneads bread in this life.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 10:12 PM

Sometimes folks just Ramble On.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bgKb45DBG0
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-12-2017, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I researched the history of it and it seems we are a very very olde family, about two thousand years ago one of my ancestors was among the throng when Jesus preached on the mount (never knew Jesus rode a horse) anyway my ancestor was greedy and when the loaves and fishes were gettin’ gave out he snatched three of them, but he was too late for the bread, he came back from the holy land, he was only over there on a holiday in the first place, ever since that day he was known as Mickey Three Fishes, the sheaf of wheat was added to the crest to remind his descendants that one always kneads bread in this life.
pfft - cant stand sloppy researchers tryin to give their family crest a pull up - now where is me correcting pencil??

ah here it is - now let's begin the begin but not before we tell the zeppelin and his airbag where he can shove it in the tunnel where no light gets in !

now back to Jesus and family crests - Jesus did not ever to my research ride a horse but he did ride a donkey and if you look carefully on the forehead of all donkeys resides a cross

point two - there were 5 loaves and 2 fishes so how the bloody hell he could snatch 3 of them must be a modern day miracle performed by st Jem of the emeralds!

indeed you R correct about the bread as it is often called the staff of life.

Must try harder next term and for the term of your natural life
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-12-2017, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Sometimes folks just Ramble On.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bgKb45DBG0
wot like val doonican and his rambling rose??
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 10:47 PM

Val, may have been off his Rocker.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 11:20 PM

[QUOTE=Sweetie pie;1302051]
Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->

Sorry young Robert - Let us rejoice in nonsense.
Are you wearing an undercoat?
I love the YOUNG Robert bit
As for the undercoat, wanna see it?
Don't take notice of my frothings
I am now sure they mean nothing

Page 407 of 1676 « First < 307 357 397 405 406 407 408 409 417 457 507 907 1407 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top