Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2013, 08:04 PM

Re: We Are Not Alone.

He did his best - Gawd it was awful, did narf make me lips smart !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2013, 08:12 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2013, 08:22 PM

'The harmonica guy'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2013, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
'The harmonica guy'
I know - nearly put me off men fer life, then me Hubs came along - I puckered up - hesitantly ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2013, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I know - nearly put me off men fer life, then me Hubs came along - I puckered up - hesitantly ......
....... and lived happily ever after.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2013, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I've known all along - no one would listen !

What planet are you from Patsy?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-11-2013, 10:43 AM

Venus - of course !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 02:11 PM

Why does it seem so incredible for people to receive messages from other life forms in outer space?, they are almost always on top of some mountain or other when they get these messages, wasn't Moses getting all his messages up on a mountain where, I presume, the signal was strongest, he comes down after something like 40 days and sets the 10 rules for living as laid down by the almighty. Some of the many mass murderers in our history have claimed to have received 'Signals' that they could never understand, all they understood was they had to kill, alright many were just sadistic nuts but maybe not all, how many powerful political nuts have we had throughout history, and the damage they caused to humanity. I know little of the workings of the human brain as do most of us including scientists, but I think the brain is controlled by electrical impulses, and are not radio signals electrical impulses? and as far as I can tell all the latest information we now have about the universe is due to the signals we received from various craft and telescopes, all using signals, so maybe they are much more advanced in signals than we are and are able to send massages straight into the human brain via a system far greater than any system we have. How come some of us get 'Bright' ideas for inventions out of the blue. I wouldn't rule out signals being unknowingly sent to them, but thats me I'd believe anything until proved otherwise.

"In a paper published this week in the early on-line version of the journal Nature, a UCSD team led by Massimo Scanziani explains how neurons, or nerve cells, in the brain sort out information before deciding how to respond. The paper will appear in a forthcoming print issue of Nature.
Light, sound and odors, for example, are transformed by our sensory organs into a code made of series of electrical impulses that travel along neurons from the body to the brain. Information about the onset and the intensity of a stimulus is thought to be sent to the brain by the timing and frequency of these electrical impulses. How information is sorted by the brain has been an open question. The group discovered that different neurons in the brain are dedicated to respond to specific portions of the information"
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

06-11-2013, 02:43 PM

Do you think, one day, if scientists performed brain transplants, we would "think and respond" like the person who owned the brain previously?

(Wouldn't be at all surprised if they are practicing this already on some unfortunate laboratory animals).
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-11-2013, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do you think, one day, if scientists performed brain transplants, we would "think and respond" like the person who owned the brain previously?

(Wouldn't be at all surprised if they are practicing this already on some unfortunate laboratory animals).
This already happens Mups - especially with heart transplants, the 'character' of the donor is evident to the recipient .....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top