Join for free
Page 105 of 190 « First < 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 06:54 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Relaxing by the pool.....

You're looking very fit there Bob

Did Mrs Fox deliberately place you infront of that conifer spike?
It looks like you're sporting a trendy Mohican hairstyle

Glad you're enjoying you're holiday
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 05:28 AM

Not everyone can get away with that look, OGF; you are looking fit as a fiddle and putting some in the younger generations to shame!

Ah, but such a brilliant observation, Mags. Indeed Bob, you may to live that one down a bit, I'm afraid.

With that physique, while no doubt shooing away admiring fans who were flocking about suspecting you to be a former Olympic swimmer, the telltale tan lines at your ankles give you away as a marathon man .

Hope you continue to enjoy your vacation...and rock on!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 04:53 PM

Thanks Mags and Surfermom, I suspect the mischievous Mrs Fox knew exactly what she was doing when setting up the shot...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 05:11 PM

About five miles from the hotel in a pretty forest glade lies the 'Little Chapel' It was built around 1914 by Brother Deodat Antoine of the Order of de la Salle. It is reputed to be one of the smallest chapel's in the world measuring nine foot by six foot and can accommodate four worshipers at once. He spent years decorating it with Shells, Pebbles and broken China, most of which was donated to his project when it was reported in the Daily Mail.....(Well alright then, not the daily mail)...

As I said earlier, it must have taken him years, but then Monks haven't got a proper job have they. Anyway, he left the island in 1939 at the outbreak of war and left it unfinished and he never returned.

So Mrs Fox and me decided to walk it there this morning, and besides taking a photo for the forum we spent most of our time in the Jewellry shop next door. It hadn't changed much since the last six times we have visited it, except for the bloke sat on his stool doing some restoration work and I understand it has now been supplied with electricity.....

Just time to take this photo before we caught the bus into St Peter Port and a delicious Crab Sandwich.....

Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 07:20 PM

Lovely to see your piccies and holiday reports Foxy, you sound to be having a great time. Don't be in a rush to get back to Yorkshire, lots of rain and flooding!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 07:27 PM

What a beautiful little Chapel....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 08:01 PM

About five miles from the hotel in a pretty forest glade lies the 'Little Chapel' It was built around 1914 by Brother Deodat Antoine of the Order of de la Salle. It is reputed to be one of the smallest chapel's in the world measuring nine foot by six foot and can accommodate four worshipers at once. He spent years decorating it with Shells, Pebbles and broken China, most of which was donated to his project when it was reported in the Daily Mail.....(Well alright then, not the daily mail)...
Apparently not a very relgious bunch, those Guernseyans , but a remarkable and lovely life's work.

Looking happy and relaxed, OGF. Keep the photos coming!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-08-2017, 08:09 AM

Doesn't sound too good back home Val, I'll practice a bit more swimming, it sounds like I'm going to need it. Thanks Mags, for a minute there I thought you said "What a beautiful little Chappie"....

Well that's this mornings seven miles out of the way, managed to get out of bed a little earlier and was out on the road for 6:15am which was good as it happens, because with a clear blue sky and the sun just coming up it would have been too hot if I had left it any later. And as my legs are getting used to the hill work I managed to knock over a minute off Tuesday's time....

Two days off now, next run will be Sunday so I will have a lie in......
Breaking News........
Two cruise ships are anchored offshore, I think one might be the Cunard ship Queen Mary 2...As we are visiting the castle this morning I'll have a better look .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

24-08-2017, 07:22 PM

Doesn't sound too good back home Val, I'll practice a bit more swimming, it sounds like I'm going to need it. Thanks Mags, for a minute there I thought you said "What a beautiful little Chappie"....
That goes without saying Bob
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-08-2017, 09:47 AM

Just five minutes walk from the hotel and you find yourself on the Coast Path. Although Mrs Fox swore last year that she would not attempt the five mile walk to St Peter Port along this rugged, sometimes steep undulating path again, the promise of Tea and cake in the little cafe about half way at Fermain Bay was too much to resist....

In Guernsey they have a novel way of culling the elderly population...Every day at noon they fire this cannon from the ramparts of Castle Coronet. The noise is deafening and following it's loud discharge several deceased members of the community who were caught unawares are removed from the cobbled pathway just below.....

Among some of the exciting events that took place on the Island yesterday was a visit by the Cunard ship 'Queen Elizabeth'...Once again it was impossible to travel anywhere by bus as they were all swamped by the visiting passengers who's numbers were probably greater than the population of the Island....Mrs Fox and me took to the hills and visited the Museum for lunch. It's high up on a steep climb and I guessed that those who survived the cannon would not be fit enough to tackle the hill....

Oh......I almost forgot.....There was another ship that visited yesterday 'The Marco Polo' but it looked so insignificant at the side of the 'Queen Elizabeth' I didn't think you'd be interested.....

Page 105 of 190 « First < 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top