Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 12:14 AM

Re: Was Cameron Right In Sending Drones To Kill 2 British Jihadis?

The drones in question are quite big, 36 ft long 65 ft wingspan, not easy to hide: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...cs_MQ-9_Reaper
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 08:05 AM

They don't hide , they have the ability to just poodle around at up to 50.000 ft for up to 17 hours totally silent and invisible to enemy on the ground, monitoring radio transmissions and surveying the area below. Hope you have got your clean underpants on Jehadi John, your next.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Only thing is, can they retaliate with drones to target specific people like the PM or our Queen even? Is that possible?
Strange as it may sound, but yes.
They don't have to big like the military ones. For a couple of hundred quid, you can buy a small one. And they can carry 'things'.
If you have seen that Amazon advert.. Just use your imagination.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Isis and Jihadi John think it's ok to kill people without trial - have you asked them why they do it?
Daesh have clearly declared war, I am a very peaceful person but even I recognise in war things happen that I personally won't like but if it doesn't more people could die.
We have proof of their guilt too if anyone wants to look on the internet for what these young men were saying they intended to do. They were not innocents at all..

And I agree they pronounce people guilty with no trial and no mercy too.

I can't celebrate anyone's death but I can see why we have to do it.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 02:48 PM

From today's Daily Mail Editorial:
"What, precisely, are our War aims? Have our depleted Armed Forces the means to achieve them? What is our exit strategy? And since both sides include terrorists who are the West's most savage enemies, which should we back?
If Ministers can't give satisfactory answers to every one of these, they should keep well out."

Not often I agree with the Daily Mail!
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
From today's Daily Mail Editorial:
"What, precisely, are our War aims? Have our depleted Armed Forces the means to achieve them? What is our exit strategy? And since both sides include terrorists who are the West's most savage enemies, which should we back?
If Ministers can't give satisfactory answers to every one of these, they should keep well out."

Not often I agree with the Daily Mail!
What a stupid question. To annihilate Daesh of course.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

09-09-2015, 03:22 PM

Not going to do it by dropping an occasional missile, though are we? This is just posturing and totally ineffective, will cause more problems than it solves.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
What a stupid question. .
I think it is a very sensible and important question and one that should have been asked before we stumbled with our eyes closed into Iraq and Afganistan.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 03:29 PM

I think they mean if we go in against Daesh we are effectively supporting Assaad who by anyone's standards is a dreadful man. It's not quite as simple as pick a side as both sides are pretty despicable.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think they mean if we go in against Daesh we are effectively supporting Assaad who by anyone's standards is a dreadful man. It's not quite as simple as pick a side as both sides are pretty despicable.
It is that simple.
Assad is engaged in a civil war .. and is not the first dictator type in the Middle East to have been engaged in one.
I don't see his ambitions extending to world domination or executing terrorist attacks in Europe and the rest of the world.
Isis are totally different and their eventual aims are global.

The irony is .. the whole world is pondering and dickering over how best to fight a war on his soil (and oust him if they can)... which of course, is the democratic way to go about it.

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top