Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 10:02 PM

Re: Update on PMs and Members-only section

Good move.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 10:20 PM

do you have to bring your own dates? - I prefer Lebanese myself!

ps: my wife says I can date anyone I like as long as it's only on the net and not the flesh or an over 80 call girl!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's fine Azz just as a 30 year married lady who is happy with the one man I won't be joining
Ah! you're a ring in, only 30!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 08:53 AM

50 posts before being able to pm? Blimey isn't that way too many? If it affects the likes of sugarbabe and gumbud (he failed to message me) then it is overkill if you ask me. Surely 5-10 is enough?

Personally I don't like this one bit. What you are going to get is garbage from people trying to make 50 posts quickly. I have seen it before, in fact I have done so.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
50 posts before being able to pm? Blimey isn't that way too many? If it affects the likes of sugarbabe and gumbud (he failed to message me) then it is overkill if you ask me. Surely 5-10 is enough?

Personally I don't like this one bit. What you are going to get is garbage from people trying to make 50 posts quickly. I have seen it before, in fact I have done so.
Both Gumbud and Sugarbabe have made well over 50 posts

Also, spamming posts won't work either - members will need to be registered for at least a number of months as well.

Basically, the messaging facility (and members only section) are a reward for our regular members (and so more difficult to obtain for spammers, etc).
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->

Mark, both sugarbug and gumbud have made more than 50 posts so it won't affect either of them ...... the change of system is currently being updated.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Both Gumbud and Sugarbabe have made well over 50 posts

Also, spamming posts won't work either - members will need to be registered for at least a number of months as well.

Basically, the messaging facility (and members only section) are a reward for our regular members (and so more difficult to obtain for spammers, etc).
Sorry Azz, we posted at the similar times
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 12:44 PM

I think 50 posts is far too many, it will put people off altogether.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 01:07 PM

50 seems reasonable to me some forums are invitation only to member areas, and some have to post 100 times before entry. So 50 seems OK
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 01:42 PM

My concern is that if a few friends from another forum join (as a few have done recently, and as when I joined with others), they won't be able to pm each other. I know it was important to me when I joined to communicate with my friends, until I found my feet, being shy like I am. I'm sure it would put them off from contributing. 50 posts sounds like a lot to me.

I'd be interested to know what the new members feel about it.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top