Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:06 PM

Re: Lovely Junk food

Get away with you, they're flippin' lovely.

The best Pizza I've ever had was Manhattan and you could just buy a slice and eat it as you were walking along. Failing one of those, line up Dominos and Pizza Hut.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:50 PM

Well... to each his own, LOL
Silbee
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Well... to each his own, LOL
You said Mom & Pop hole in the type, are you American?
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
You said Mom & Pop hole in the type, are you American?
Yep
Silbee

16-01-2017, 03:15 PM

Yep
Food wise, lucky you.

We don't have the Mom & Pop style outlets here. They all made straight for America back in the day.

Before the US style take outs popped up here we only just about had fish 'n' chips so i was for one was glad of a change.

I lived in Scarsdale for a year back in the day and had a fab time eating at various outlets in the local area and NYC.

I go to Florida every year and very often on a Friday or Saturday night I think I would give anything for a trip to the Olive Garden right now, we have nothing close to that here.

I don't know if you've been to the UK but you would pay twice as much for food out that you would at home although with the rates where they are now, it wouldn't be so bad.

What area are you from?
Linda0818
USA

16-01-2017, 06:09 PM

Food wise, lucky you.

We don't have the Mom & Pop style outlets here. They all made straight for America back in the day.

Before the US style take outs popped up here we only just about had fish 'n' chips so i was for one was glad of a change.

I lived in Scarsdale for a year back in the day and had a fab time eating at various outlets in the local area and NYC.

I go to Florida every year and very often on a Friday or Saturday night I think I would give anything for a trip to the Olive Garden right now, we have nothing close to that here.

I don't know if you've been to the UK but you would pay twice as much for food out that you would at home although with the rates where they are now, it wouldn't be so bad.

What area are you from?
We love Olive Garden, just went there over Christmas.

Never been to the UK, but always wanted to go. My son's dad's side of the family is Welsh. My side of the family is German-Dutch.

I'm in Columbus, Ohio.
Silbee

17-01-2017, 12:02 AM

We love Olive Garden, just went there over Christmas.

Never been to the UK, but always wanted to go. My son's dad's side of the family is Welsh. My side of the family is German-Dutch.

I'm in Columbus, Ohio.
We have Wales and Germany in common.

I drove through Holland to get to Germany in September.

I have to say, I love Holland and the people and its a plus that almost all the people I've come across down the years can speak excellent English.
Linda0818
USA

17-01-2017, 12:32 AM

We have Wales and Germany in common.

I drove through Holland to get to Germany in September.

I have to say, I love Holland and the people and its a plus that almost all the people I've come across down the years can speak excellent English.
Yes, Holland is beautiful. I've always wanted to go to Germany, mostly because a good portion of my family comes from there. My Aunt Thea moved back to Germany from the states about 25 years ago, but after my mom passed away, we lost touch. It's very possible she's not even living anymore, but I'd still like to go.

However... I have one major problem that prevents me from going to the places I dream of going - I won't get on a plane.

But I digress! As for a wonderful German 'sin food' that we grew up with that everyone should try (lots of recipes out there to make it at home) is Schnitzel. Fabulous stuff.
Silbee

17-01-2017, 12:51 PM

Yes, Holland is beautiful. I've always wanted to go to Germany, mostly because a good portion of my family comes from there. My Aunt Thea moved back to Germany from the states about 25 years ago, but after my mom passed away, we lost touch. It's very possible she's not even living anymore, but I'd still like to go.

However... I have one major problem that prevents me from going to the places I dream of going - I won't get on a plane.

But I digress! As for a wonderful German 'sin food' that we grew up with that everyone should try (lots of recipes out there to make it at home) is Schnitzel. Fabulous stuff.

I hope you achieve your dream of Europe one day.

The Queen Mary 2 does the New York to Hamburg Route once or twice a year : - )

Yes, I love Schnitzel, too. I still make my grandmother's recipe for potato salad also. A good idea for a fast food place right there.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:54 PM

the best available pizza locally to me is Sainsbury's own - beats the Pizza shop up the road any day and is half the price. The worst Pizza I have had was strangely in Italy.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top