Join for free
Page 223 of 274 « First < 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 03:06 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Well Floydy you know I like Dylan.
Strange that I saw a guy today wearing a concert teeshirt. Omg Floydy you look burnt.
I didn't post any pics, did I Sweetie? I know what you mean...and yes I'm pretty well fried right now

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Fantastic Dylan album right in the middle of his trifecta of classic albums in 1965/66. A good test for any headphones as the production is excellent. Desolation Row is my favourite track, but there are so many good ones.
Just a perfect album I think, and if I did another list in a few years time, it would definitely be top 30.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Nice to see Rattlesnakes, a much underrated album, my .top Stones album is Beggars Banquet, but Let it Bleed is a close second.

Both Joy Divisions first two effforts have a home in my collection, and Love Will Tear U s Apart is a monster track,i love this version.
A little too mellow for me that, Nom. I was hoping they would have swung into action a little more there. Nice version though and June is a good vocalist.

Just got back in from the seaside today and I'm pretty much cream crackered. Need to try and sleep now somehow as I'm at work tonight.
No idea when I'll get any more albums ready but we may be looking at the middle of the week now. Need to catch up with some gym work tomorrow.
Thanks for your posts though, it's always appreciated
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 05:32 PM

Oh? I wanted to ask if you have posted any Earth Wind and Fire.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Oh? I wanted to ask if you have posted any Earth Wind and Fire.
No sorry. Some good singles but I don't have any of their albums.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No sorry. Some good singles but I don't have any of their albums.
I have them all.
Never mind, carry on Floydy.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 05:27 AM

Following but little time to post on this thread of late. Agreeing with you on many..."Astral Weeks"...but, as you would guess, I would put "Pet Sounds" much higher, not just because there were so many incredible stand alone songs, but because it was so iconic in its influence. I suppose growing up in California surfing might have had something to do with it too.

This is your list though, so don't mind me and carry on. :38:
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-05-2018, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Following but little time to post on this thread of late. Agreeing with you on many..."Astral Weeks"...but, as you would guess, I would put "Pet Sounds" much higher, not just because there were so many incredible stand alone songs, but because it was so iconic in its influence. I suppose growing up in California surfing might have had something to do with it too.

This is your list though, so don't mind me and carry on. :38:
Hi Surfermom.
I think the comment/remark that has cropped up throughtout this list are members' thoughts that certain records should have been placed higher in my list.
I always reiterate that it isn't a "what we think should be" list i.e. Sgt. Pepper's being number one in every list of all time etc, plus Pet Sounds, Led Zepp 4, DSOTM, Dylan's Highway 61 and Sticky Fingers have to solidly be placed in everybody's top 10. It's wholly my personal favourites.
I do rate Pet Sounds highly as regards the top 1000, but I personally like other albums more. Each to their own.
I respect your comment though and after I finish my list I'd like to see everybody else supply one as well. A top 20 will be good enough
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 06:33 AM

As Floydy recovers from all those rays,I would like to include my favourite track from No 517.Time out of Mind.

Not Dark Yet

...It looks like I'm moving but I'm standing still...
https://youtu.be/7JBHyE18L3o
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 10:20 AM

I may do a top 20 list but even with that I'd be struggling with which albums to place and where.

I did a top 50 favourite Neil Young/Crazy Horse songs once.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-05-2018, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
As Floydy recovers from all those rays,I would like to include my favourite track from No 517.Time out of Mind.
Not Dark Yet
...It looks like I'm moving but I'm standing still...
Great track mate. I still love the final track 'Highlands' best, weighing in at 16:31!

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I may do a top 20 list but even with that I'd be struggling with which albums to place and where.
I did a top 50 favourite Neil Young/Crazy Horse songs once.
I remember you saying about that Ffosse. It's not easy though is it, even with a top 20. In fact the top 100 was much more difficult to sort into a favourite order than the rest of the list..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-05-2018, 02:04 PM

To save you waiting until probably the end of the week, I'll post these as I do them, probably one every 20 minutes or so today.
This is mainly because I'm sat here itching like mad and want nothing whatsoever to do with the sun. First one on its way...

Page 223 of 274 « First < 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top