Join for free
Page 351 of 1676 « First < 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 851 1351 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 11:15 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

beware fruity [if i may call you that] the last time a young lady went punting and canoeing with spittie - he finished up hanging onto the punting rod and she floated off into the blue beyond - get back to ya concrete floor laddie for goodness sake!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 11:50 AM

Well, I see my lovely friend Fruity has joined this thread.
I have known Fruitcake AKA Fruity for a year or more.
We used to have a lovely thread called 'What do the old proverbs mean today', much the same a posted on here.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 11:56 AM

THankyou kindly for the special award . It was so unexpected to be honoured in this way.

I want to thank my parents for conceiving me in the cold hard winter of 1947 & for supporting & encouraging me with their Unconditional Positive Regard.
Thanks also to my namesake Robert Snr R.N 1932-1954. for his encyclopaediacal mind & breathless command of the English language, passed on to me in spadeloads.

Most of all I want to thank asll those leisurely scribblers who tired themselves out in fundraising et al to fund the magnificent bronze lifesize statue of me.

I am overrwhelmed by your kindnesses.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
At six years old, I would have thought the Dog would have been House Trained
Oh begob Spitty your still as sharp as ever, love that one, well copped.

Funny you say that Fruitcake, I used to have nice handwriting even though I only finished primary school. When I became an apprentice goldsmith at 14 I had to fill in dozens of assay dockets in a hurry to get the products to the assay office on time for hallmarking, in no time me beautiful writing became mere scribbles on paper and it was downhill all the way since in the handwriting stakes.
When I go to the post office now to sign for me pension it’s just an automatic squiggle, but all my betting slips in the bookies are all printed and I can do that very quickly.

Welcome and nice to see you dropping in Fruitcake, don’t be a stranger now.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 05:13 PM

yes pass the fruitcake jem - couldn't resist that one - of course Jem knows all these lovely ladies as he passes between the airway on the other threads of OFF dockin is cap here and dockin his cap there - creep!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Fruity, you are showing promise, fancy going Punting and Canoeing.
I used to punt the odd rugby ball in my yoof, and I was once told to "Pas d'elle y en ne que nous", so I'll give it a go, although my balance isn't what it used to be. Well I am on a pension so what do you expect.
The last time I went canoeing was on Portishead lake with my kids. We all got wet but luckily we were all taller than the water.

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
beware fruity [if i may call you that] the last time a young lady went punting and canoeing with spittie - he finished up hanging onto the punting rod and she floated off into the blue beyond - get back to ya concrete floor laddie for goodness sake!
I am happy to be called the diminutive of Fruitcake. I answer to most things these days.
Ah, I saw that fium. Kind Hearts and Coronets wasn't it, with Sir Obi Wan Kenobi playing all the leading parts.

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Oh begob Spitty your still as sharp as ever, love that one, well copped.

Funny you say that Fruitcake, I used to have nice handwriting even though I only finished primary school. When I became an apprentice goldsmith at 14 I had to fill in dozens of assay dockets in a hurry to get the products to the assay office on time for hallmarking, in no time me beautiful writing became mere scribbles on paper and it was downhill all the way since in the handwriting stakes.
When I go to the post office now to sign for me pension it’s just an automatic squiggle, but all my betting slips in the bookies are all printed and I can do that very quickly.

Welcome and nice to see you dropping in Fruitcake, don’t be a stranger now.
We had pre-printed logbooks with about twenty columns that we had to fill in each time an occurrance occurred, reading numbers off gauges, then write writing in the writing column to explain what was occurring when the occurrence occurred.
Time then speeds then temperatures then flows then pressures then areas then thrust then wurds.
Sometimes we had to write down the numbers that other people were reading, or misreading, in various columns as well, and I quickly learned to unnerstaaan thik Wess Cunnry aaaccen', or that Scawtish brogue, and many udders in a-tween.

Like I said, it had to be done very quickly but had to be legibubble for others to read, especially as the customer was often the Ministry of Loud Bangs.

My joined up handwriting deteriorated very rapidly so that's when I changed over to fast printing. Unfortunately I have been unable to unlearn the bad learning I teached mysell as a result.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Well, I see my lovely friend Fruity has joined this thread.
I have known Fruitcake AKA Fruity for a year or more.
We used to have a lovely thread called 'What do the old proverbs mean today', much the same a posted on here.
It was Old Wives Tales, but yes was definitely up to Scribblings standards, even though I say it myself.

Alas they were all deleted and I didn't keep a copy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 06:45 PM

My joined up writing is atrocious, this is compensated by a good standard of joined up Thinking.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

17-11-2017, 06:48 PM

were they only english proverbs or did you do all the continental ones too??
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

17-11-2017, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
were they only english proverbs or did you do all the continental ones too??
Continental, as in outside Zumerzet, and Oop Norf, and Here Be Dragonz cunnry? Whul ah, I think so any road up.

Page 351 of 1676 « First < 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 851 1351 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top